How good is the IT department website of India for filing IT returns

Discussion in 'Money Matters' started by Cindhuja, Jul 7, 2009.

1. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Have any one of you filed IT in the website for Income tax Department - India. Is it worth filing in it or should we approach auditors personally.Please share your experience and feedback.

2. Stephane

Stephane Senior IL'ite

Hai,
    Some of my friends filed thru the website. Any way you have to take a print out and have to send to IT dept thru courier.
    So I have not done it. :drowning

Find the following steps which has been given by my friend.Hope this helps!!
    Please follow the below instructions to save money on income tax return filing.

1. Click on the following link and log into the application https://incometaxindiaefiling.gov.in/portal/index.jsp
    2. Login credentials : Pan Number and password. Register using your PAN details if u have not registered.
    3. Download the individual, HUF application form as shown below
    [​IMG]

4. Download form :
    <TABLE class=MsoNormalTable style="BACKGROUND: white; WIDTH: 90%; BORDER-COLLAPSE: collapse" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="90%" bgColor=white border=0><TR style="HEIGHT: 19pt" height=25><TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #febb64 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #febb64 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BACKGROUND: #f8ecc3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: #febb64 1pt solid; WIDTH: 20%; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #febb64 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 19pt" width="20%" bgColor=#f8ecc3 height=25>
    ITR-1
    <TD style="BORDER-RIGHT: #febb64 1pt solid; PADDING-RIGHT: 0in; BORDER-TOP: #febb64 1pt solid; PADDING-LEFT: 0in; BACKGROUND: #f8ecc3; PADDING-BOTTOM: 0in; BORDER-LEFT: medium none; WIDTH: 20%; PADDING-TOP: 0in; BORDER-BOTTOM: #febb64 1pt solid; HEIGHT: 19pt" width="20%" bgColor=#f8ecc3 height=25>
    Excel Utility(Version 1.0)
    5. Fill the details from your Form 16 application.
    6. Validate the downloaded excel utility sheet for correct info and generate XML.
    7. Upload the generated XML by clicking on the below link.
    [​IMG]
    8. Once the XML is uploaded and submitted in the application the ITR form will be mailed to your corresponding e-mail address from wherein u can take the printout and submit the same to the Income Tax Department address mentioned in the bottom of the page.

3. Cindhuja

Cindhuja Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much stephane..will sure discuss with my husband and proceed accordingly...actually i have no tax for 08-09 so i guess formalities will be less in this case.Thanks again.