1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How girl-friends can help your marriage

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by Rihana, Jun 5, 2015.

1. chaithup

chaithup Bronze IL'ite

you nailed it there..:)

1 person likes this.
  2. mimmyme

mimmyme Gold IL'ite

We are group of five...share every single thing happening in our live with each other..
    We all are from different cities..different liking...met online...years together we shared a bond.
    Marriage issues, In-laws, DH, kids, parents, other friends..every single thing i vent out there...get valuable advice...at times get teased
    I am so lucky to have these 4 friends..my 4 am friends hugsmiley

1 person likes this.
  3. PriyaSrini

PriyaSrini Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Yes I too have a special friend like that. I call her my sounding board. Our friendship is just a year old and she lives in another city. But we chat everyday. She hears me out, calms me down and always has the right word to pep me up.

Thank goodness for friends like her :cheers

1 person likes this.
  4. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

I was the first among my friends to get married. I moved to the U.S. right away. It would have been nice to have a sounding board those first few years of marriage when marriage is not what we see in the movies! I thought life was going to be just like the wedding and baby etc in Hum Aapke Hai Kaun minus the falling and dying of course! Unfortunately those early years we had only common friends. We turned to each other to complain about each other. By the time I made my own friends here, we just got used to the earlier set up. Now, I have girl friends who are great. We do so many fun things together. We can talk about anything and one of us is bound to have a solution. I wonder why I never bring up our tiffs to my friends, it's like a no no for me. I talk about my kids all the time. They have been a constant source of distraction in the recent past. Maybe giving me the much needed break during a very stressful time is actually helping my marriage! I look forward to the outings these days.

1 person likes this.
  5. bulesha

bulesha Silver IL'ite

Why sadly if happned to be man, And again sad not able to share girly thing???
    I have aa friend with whome I share all type of talk, take his advice, give my advice, including sharing girly things. By the way I am married to him Lol

6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Even my husband is one of my best friend- with whom I shared almost everything under the sky all these while. But the discussion topic here is "how girl friends can help your marriage'.
    In my case I have one girl friend, and unfortunately the other one who helps my marriage a lot is not girl. Sadly I could not connect him to this discussion topic though his presence in my life is much relevant to this topic. That's is why sad. ha

7. SadMarried

SadMarried Silver IL'ite

Looking at everyone's reply i feel i'm so lonely soul.

I have no friend who i feel comfortable enough to share my life problems. I got married quite young , came abroad to join hubby , so all gfs are husband's frens' wives who are my good friends with whom i can talk about baby , job , holiday etc but not personal stuff. I don't have anyone i feel i can talk to without feeling judged.

Hubby is useless , he only listens to things he likes to listen , anything he doesnt like he starts making me feel guilty or bad abt that. So i only talk to him about necessary things.

Hence i came to IL and im glad i did. I would love to meet you wonderful ladies but obviously thats not possible because of our locations. But advices and posts in IL have been so helpful to me .

1 person likes this.
  8. Vanilasky

Vanilasky Silver IL'ite

i have a friend with whom I share my happiness, sorrows, tensions with in laws , silly issues with DH to what am I going to do this weekend. He is my degree batchmate. My best buddy for the last 14 years. Even though we were classmates he is 2 years elder to me and he has solutions for each and every problem. My DH also shares a very good relation with him. He is like a son to my parents. My mom calls him rather than my own brother in case of any emergency. Even though he is back in my hometown and am here in Middle East nothing has happened to our friendship. Still either I or he will call each other once in a week and send SMS atleast once in a day or chat during our free hours. But unluckily his wife is not so friendly and is suspicious about our friendship . Now a days my DH calls him and we talk to him together ( for not creating any problems in his married life). We both wish to celebrate our 25 years of friendship which is very very far. Hope we will achieve that.

After living 7 years in Middle East finally 2 years back I got another friend ( DS classmates mom). She also has become a very good friend of mine . We talk abt school, parenting, gossiping, kids, DH etc. our husbands has also become good friends. We both go for movie, shopping, parlours etc. whenever iam in a very bad mood I call her and speak my heart out. She is elder and more mature than me and always suggest awesome solutions. Feeling lucky to have 2 wonderful friends( gems) in my life.

1 person likes this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Nice to read, Vanikasky. It is such an Indian term to call a friend a 'degree friend' :) I also refer to that set of friends as 'degree' friends or batchmate.

10. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

That is true. Sometimes, when something happens or I read something, I find myself pondering what members here would say if I start a thread on that.