1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

how far kashayam helpful?

Discussion in 'Nature Cure' started by rya, Jan 11, 2008.

1. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi friends,
    i need to know how far kashayam helps in reducing cold and fever..any experiences? because i usually won't take tablets for fever and cough unless it is so bad..i would like to share kashayam recipe to all..and if any suggestions about extra ingredients in kashayam.you are all most welcome and i need it..
    kashayam recipe(one serving)
    dhania(coriander seeds-powdered)-one spoon
    black pepper seeds,powdered-one spoon
    cumin seeds,powdered-1/2 spoon
    mashed ginger-one spoon
    just add all ingredients to 1/2 cup water and let it boil for some time..then add honey or brown sugar to it as well as milk(i used to take 3-4 times a day and i will feel better.what about you all?)..this is kashayam recipe..if anybody add any extra ingredient pls let me know,so that it will be useful..and you can even powder all the ingredients and store it in a container and use whenever you need..but for ginger you can use dry ginger powder..
    Thanks
    ramya

2. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Dear Ramya,

I stay at a v cold place in US so cold has become more frequent than in India.
    Even I dont like to take medicine coz half what i have seen here is suppressant.
    Here is what i do when I have cold:
    Take 1 inch of raw ginger.1 inch of jaggery.Nicely crush them together and swallow it early morning in empty stomach after brushing.
    This generates heat from within and works v well for me for cold relief and cure.

Suji

3. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi suji,
    thanks for your tip..i hope, eating this in empty stomach will have good effect!!
    regards
    ramya

4. kuttimayil

kuttimayil New IL'ite

dear ramya

how r u? after coming to saudi all our family members got affected by severe dry cough cold etc etc

eventhough we took antibiotic and panadol for fever and infections i prepared kashayam in a big vessel for the whole family to drink.

i would like to share the recipe for u try once

oops... i don't know english names for many of the things below....sorry..

adhimadhuram
    chitharathai
    kandathippili
    chukku
    perichangai (dates unriped)
    panankarkandu

take little of each of the above pound them and boil in a pot of water. water shd reduce to half and aroma shd come from the water.

take the above warm water either filtered or just like that.

uma.

5. rya

rya Silver IL'ite

hi kuttimayil,
    thank you very much for your reply...your response is so sweet..iam fine..thanks for the kashyaam recipe...well where can i get unriped dates? i think,since you are in arabic country,you can easily get those..here,i can only go for riped dates..will that have the same effect?
    thanks

6. kuttimayil

kuttimayil New IL'ite

dear ramya

thank u.

i got this recipe from samaithu paar book 3. so the perichangai shd be available in T.N. but I don't know about other countries. here we hv lots and lots of dates trees from which dates r falling down only thing we can't take any it's a govt. property. we buy whenever we want for this purpose. u can get from any of the big hypermarkets. o/wise u add honey whenever u want to drink. that gives some effect.

bye

uma.