1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How eventful was your birth!!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ShilpaMa, Mar 5, 2010.

1. prsnfd

prsnfd Bronze IL'ite

Your story is so sweet...!!!! good for you!!

2. kainaath

kainaath Senior IL'ite

nice thread....im the middle born child with two sisters watching the front and back of me.

i remember my folks telling me that i was a very healthy baby, (11pounds) and that people from the family, friends and all those who could come use to turn up just to have a look at the healthy baby born.
    till date i tease my father that he could mint money by charging people to see me at the time of my birth.

3. incarnation

incarnation Silver IL'ite

Interesting topic and it defines a part of me and my personality.

My parents had 2 kids , my sis and bro. My mother didnt wanted a 3rd child.But my Grandmother wanted one more boy and she didnt let my mom go for a family planning operation.So I was born.But my mother faced lots of pressure and my father's non support during that time and transfer to another city .
    when I was born the hospital certificate said male by mistake , instead of female , my mother knew a girl is born , but my grandmother and father , didnt beleive that and had a fight with hospital authorities .
    Finally I was to be accepted .
    I always knew this story since childhood and I was teased by my siblings and parents as adopted and also I was considered a very useless child and bad mannered as I was not very good in studies + my elder siblings created all stories against me everyday , keeping me in bad books of my parents.And here I am with my personality shaped with these things.

My mother also tells that a lady wanted to adopt me , so she was ready to give me to her as that lady was childless , but when I was born she came to hospital and turned away saying she wanted a boy .... hahaha..beggar being choosers, anyways my mom was supposedly happy to keep me back , seeing her this attitude.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  4. blessed

blessed Platinum IL'ite

Hi Shilpa Ma

This thread made me think of my childhood days where in I had both sweet and bitter memories.

I am the second child of three daughters, so my mom had a girl already and when she was expecting me she definetly wanted a boy and my Dad to had lot of expectations but my birth was was a great dissapointment for my entire family.

Then they again decided to take a next chance as they very badly wanted a heir for their family and only to be dissappointed for the second time.

My elder sis was my Dad's favourite as she was the first born and considered very intelligent and my younger sis was my mom's fav. pampered kid as any other youngest sibbling would be and me poor thing the middle child not getting 100% from any of the parents.

But eventually I grew up to be an alrounder both in acadamics and sports, I was my class topper and neighbours use to appreciate and praise me to my mom,neighbour kids use to envy me and I was looked high upon all my cousins, only then mom realised I was really a special child.

TOday my parents proudly tell every one that they are indeed fortunate for having me as their daughter. Because they found me more caring than my sibblings.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  5. ammani

ammani Gold IL'ite

@everyone..... nice stories!!!:hiya:thumbsup

my friends used to tease me not knowing my parents were married just few months when they were born... they used to say i was born before my parents marriage... when i told them my bday n my parents wedding day!!

i was born before my parents celebrated their first anniversary... actually one month before their first anniversary!!! :bonk

i was born through c-section.... because there were some complications during delivery... i was not moving past the delivery date doctors had given my mom and i was pulled out my dad underwent treatment for jaundice just days past the actual delivery day!!!

a month or 2 before i was born.... and one and half month after my birth my mom had jaundice and she was not supposed to touch or feed me!!! and my grandma (mom's mom) took care of me.... feeding and changing diapers!!! and after mom was out of the treatment she was carrying again and she was buzy with taking care of herself and her house (as we lived in a joint family with my grandparents and dad's sisters and brothers (dad was eldest of my grandparents children)!!)grandma still remembers that and keeps telling me everytime i visit her the trouble i had given her (as if i knew what was happening around me that time) sooooooooo much trouble crying late into the night and not allowing her to sleep... (the teasing and all stopped when i visited her with my husband... whom she liked on his first visit to meet her after our marriage and has a special fondness towards him from then onwards!!! and didnt tease me in front of him which was otherwise done on every visit of mine!!) :biglaugh

though i am the eldest of us 3 girls and dad's pet... i am treated as a kid by all... even my sister treats me as a kid and sometimes i call her grandma for bossing over me and giving big big advises!!!

1 person likes this.
  6. sanjeevni

sanjeevni Senior IL'ite

nice thread. mine was uneventful birth.. except that i was breach baby - and my maternal grandma was unhappy that I was a girl!! sigh!! my mom wanted a boy too.. dad was ok with with either and infact happy that it was girl... my paternal family and maternal grandpa has never had any issues with girl child. My maternal grandpa used to say "it is 'ponnkutti' not a 'pennkutti' " which means 'it is a 'goldchild' not a 'girlchild'" miss him now. :'(

Last edited: Dec 18, 2010
    1 person likes this.
  7. happyalways

happyalways Senior IL'ite

Hi all,

My birth was not so eventful but events after my birth were. I was born on a hot summer evening without giving much trouble to my mom. I am the eldest in my family (my father being the eldest son of the family). I was born too dark, with my eyes watering continuously and my paternal grandmother who visited me two days after I was born cried worrying about how her son will manage to bring me up and get me married. She was wondering how could her son's daughter be so dark. So I grew up with constant taunts of being dark and I was the ugly duckling of my family. It took me a lot of time to realise that I actually look good than all my cousins.

1 person likes this.
  8. swasa

swasa Senior IL'ite

Hi,

How did I miss this thread??
    Ok, My birth was very very eventful for me :rotfl It so happened that my mom conceived me when she had plans for career, studies etc. I already have a big sister who is just 18 months older than me! So I was kinda unwanted pregnancy.
    So by the end of full term of her pregnancy, I did not feel like coming out(That's why all say that my lazyness was born before me). Mom got admitted into hospital at last for C-section. All the family members(on my mom's side....) lost interest already as thay have a beautiful toy(my sister) in their hands.
    Mom delivered and the baby(that's me) looked like a small rat even after full term and the doctor declared that the baby is not going to make it for more than few hours! Yes, I was declared to be a dying baby! It was in mid week and all were off to their offices and colleges(my grand pa and uncles, aunts) and my dad was off to some tour and my grand ma was busy with my sister. Yes, nobody was interested because I was a girl AGAIN! So there she was, my mom, lying semi-concious on hospital bed and me lying on another 'bench' in pieces of hospital clothes, half cleaned! By mid morning, mom's youngest aunt came to visit her on grand ma's request, took me into her hands, cleaned me and wrapped me in an old cotton saree, brought me to mom who was already crying(grieving) for me and said 'dont lose hopes on this baby. she is going to live long.. believe me. Give the baby as much affection as u have till end'. Here, I have to mention that this aunt is liked by everyone as she never says any negative or bad words and always soft spoken and of innocent mind and all have trust that whatever she says comes true(no.. I'm not talking about miracles...)
    Hmmm.... the day ended and sun rose next morning and I still was alive. For few days every minute my mom used to check if I am breathing... then it dragged to every hour... every day so on... I was very tiny and slow in development but seems I was too lazy to stop breathing!
    Mom was so much used to be with me that we were unseperable till I was 25 years old when I flew off... to another city for career.:thumbsup

2 people like this.
  9. Roopamanju

Roopamanju Platinum IL'ite

Hi,

My birth is eventful for my Paternal grandparents:) and of course for me too:crazy,I'm the first child for my parents they wanted a boyHarhar but it was me.Dad is ok with me and mom disappointedshakehead ,being forceps baby I was unable to open my right eye for three days, my mother was scared, she realized and cried for me:cheers, I'm the good luck charm for my grandparents and they call me ponnumuthe( gold & pearls).

Last edited: Jan 24, 2011
    1 person likes this.