1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How eventful was your birth!!!

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by ShilpaMa, Mar 5, 2010.

1. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

ShilpaMa,

I have no words to say to you.. It took her 18yrs to connect with you?.. I admire your courage and cool inspite of all this emotional strain.. Very glad she realised it atleast now..

2. Tugga

Tugga Silver IL'ite

How come I missed this thread?

It is really interesting to read everyone's birth stories... Thanks Shilpa:)

Here goes my story.

My mom had a very complicated pregnancy and delivery of my elder brother, who died of the same day of his birth. This has taken a whole year for my parents to come out of this grief.

At the same time my mom was physically and emotionally so weak, hence the gynec advised her to abstain from pregnancies for another 3 years.

It was during early 80s, so my grand parents were so upset about this and started talking bad about my mom's innability to give birth to a baby. They even asked her to go for some temples and do remedies (so cruel remedies) to overcome this. But being as a Christian my mom was not interested in remedies and astrologies.

When her life was so dried and dark, she was asked to join a road trip with her ILs to the north. She even travelled with them without even caring about her period time.. On the way home after a tiring trip, my mom realised that her period was delayed for 10 days and she could be pregnant:)... Yes, she was right and I was inside her tummy by then. She feared a lot about that long road trip and prayed to God to save this baby.

Well, I was born 18 days before her due date and gave no pain, no trouble to her during delivery time.

I was welcomed to my home as a little princes, and my family gave me priorities in each and everything as they think I am a precious gift from the God above:hide:

I have a younger brother and a sister who are just 1.5yrs and 3.5 yrs younger than me.. But still I am the ANGEL of my home.

On the other hand, it is not easy job to be a elder child of a home. I am one, and I know how responsible duty is that.. like a second parent to your siblings:(

Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  3. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello ShilpaMa,

I like your positive attitude :cool2:!!!
    Nice thread :)

4. brahan

brahan Platinum IL'ite

HI All,

After my Brother and I was on the way my Father wanted me to be a Girl.Since he lost his mother at a tender age of 4, he believed that his mother will be born again as his Daughter...

And here came I, so quietly,softly without causing much discomfort to Mom..My Dad still has the telegram sent to him saying "BABY GIRL BORN .START IMDLY" .(Yeah not much Phone Facilities in 80's).And in the memore of his mother i was given my Grannys Name. My dad still sees his mother in me.. Love you Dad:thumbsup

5. Spiderman1

Spiderman1 Gold IL'ite

Your mom is wrong. The love for my parents does NOT depend on anyone. And, I have lot of friends who are "sons" and love their parents independent of what the "wife" does.

Maybe her son is like that, thats just too bad.

Generalizing :bonk

6. iyerponnu

iyerponnu Gold IL'ite

A very nice thread..as soon as I saw this, I picked up the phone and called my uncle , yes as he probably remembers more than my mother does :D. My mom had a miscarriage (it was very short lived, even before the realisation that she was pregnant set in, she suffered from a miscarriage) and conceived me nearly 9 months later. She was in Delhi at the time and she probably went to the doc just 3 times in the entire time!! She had a very tough time with morning sickness and her labour even more strained. When she went to my uncle's house for the delivery, my grandma looked at her and said that she would deliver in less than 3 weeks, though the date was atleast 6 weeks away. She suffered from pain for nearly 3 days and the doctor (in Tanjore) wanted to use vacuum to get me out. My mom's sister (she has 5 elder sisters) refused and insisted taht they perform a c-section, as my mom had suffered because of the pain and was quite weak. But the doctor refused to perform the surgery as she did not have an assist. My cousin (my mama's son) offered to help (he was a house surgeon then) and I was born on a wednesday morning. Because I was in the breach position, my mom probably had a tough time. The night before my birth, the doctors said that my head was not formed properly and the probability that it would be a still birth was higher. (Apparently they had felt my bum!!). My uncle recalls the tense atmosphere at home and were debating whether they had to inform my dad and my other grandparents. My dad was away on business, and my paternal grandparents were in Chennai. My uncle says it was a tough decision, but we prayed to Vaitheeswaran and let God do his best.. the next morning, I was born, a long thin baby (though I weighed 3.75kgs), with very little hair on my head :D. My mum's mother, looked at me and commented 'she has no hair at all :( '. My mum's first recollection of me is, 'I was amazed to c u, exact replica of ur dad, but very determined, and a mole in the same place like I have '.. Needless to say, I m considered very special by my mum's side of the family :D

My sister's birth on the other hand was less eventful...but my mum and her brothers remember both vividly :D

Mythili

7. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

I am the second born daughter in my family. My mom delivered me in peak summer heat. She told me time and again.:bowdown:bowdown Ha !! Ha !! I am a summer baby.:):)Anyway my mom happily went to the doctor for delivery and my birth was very easy.She wanted a boy and my dad didnt mind boy or a girl. My mom recalls that I was not a hefty but tall for a baby.My maternal grandpa was elated as he felt I looked like his mom.My mom also says I was a cute baby with dimples and ringlets like curly hair in my head. :):).Not an eventful birth except I had to pop out when my mom was sweating in mid summer heat and pleading the nurse to turn on the ceiling fan. :rotfl:rotfl.

8. peartree

peartree Platinum IL'ite

Mythili

Your post brought a smile to my face and reminded me of my mamas too. Mamas are so wonderful, but are given very little credit I guess! My mom keeps telling me that those days my mamas were ready to spring to action to comfort a crying infant any hour of the night if their sister could catch a couple minutes of extra sleep. She tells me that my mamas even at times stayed up the whole night holding my sister and me when were babies because we would both cry if we were put down on the bed!

I don't know too many details about my birth, but just that I was born during the heavy rains and came 10 days later than the doctor said I would arrive!

9. ShilpaMa

ShilpaMa IL Hall of Fame

Cool.. thread being revisited with new inputs.. I forgot I started it .. he he

True,Custard I was born in a city where a girl's birth was never a reason for celebration in those years & hence probably the attitude was a part of upbringing. People have their own reasons to love n hate and corresponding timings.. one needs to be lucky enough.

Tugga, -"I was welcomed to my home as a little princes, and my family gave me priorities in each and everything as they think I am a precious gift from the God above" surely gives the feel of an angel.

Barhan.. wow ur dad still has the telegram .. really amazing.

Mythili - Apparently they had felt my bum!!. :rotfl:rotflTill date a lot of people suspect a lot of things.. I wish the skin became transparent during this stage... he he he

Choc... "My mom recalls that I was not a hefty but tall for a baby" I guess it got associated to the peak summer heat... but god bless all such ladies and babies who need to face high temperatures.

peartree, I agree some mama's are really dedicated... even when I cudn't move on bed... my bro flew down to see DD and was changing her diapers and rocking her to sleep with his endless singing capacities.

Spidy, mothers have their own perspective of their son's time and dedication and son has their own..... also note that it came out from a mother's mouth who admits of being unfair to her DD and is scared if she does same to DIL then might not have complete ownership to her son..... Endless debate.. Kashmir belongs to whom.. India or pakistan.... Kashmir says I look at both equally... still there's a war about ownership.
    Key to HAPPY married life is doing things as per your partner's wish, people who emphasize more on peaceful co-existance of all relationships around and not TOTAL HAPPINESS of their married life.. choose a practical way of giving importance to all.

10. Pomegranite

Pomegranite Bronze IL'ite

My mother likes to remind me of the trouble I gave her!
    I am the youngest of five. My older sister is eldest and then 3 boys.
    My mother wanted another girl and all three boys were "failed attempts"!

I was way past my due date (maybe 10 days) and my mother had been in labour for 20 hours. The doctors told her that if she didn't deliver by midnight they were going to go for a c-section. She really didn't want a c-section and pushed me out at 11:45 pm...on her birthday!

I was very stunned (birth shock) and small (6lb 5oz) and jaundiced. The doctors thought that I might have been developmentally disable because of the birth shock and because of her age. Eventually I pulled it together and was healthy enough to go home in a few days.

Maybe because of all the worry, trouble and pain, my relationship with my mother has always been very difficult!
    She never fails to remind me that she was suffering for me on her birthday!

Cheers,
    Ami