1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

How Early We Should Book Flight Tickets To India? Any Inputs?

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by gknew, Jan 3, 2019.

1. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Yes, I know.
    • I like Amsterdam.
    • There is a Leonidas shop to buy chocolates.
    • There are children play areas in transit lounge - accessible even to the econ class passengers.
    • Schipol business class lounge ticket is not that expensive.
    • One could avoid the crowds of Heathrow, or the long long corridors of Frankfurt, [I wont even mention the French here], or the discrimination of the brown people by the Arabs;
    • by going to Holland, one may feel the gentle hospitality of the Suranimi-dutch (or the indonesian-dutch) who work in the airport.
    • One could buy Gouda cheeses of various regions within the Netherlands.
    • And, finally there is my old uncle who likes Genever (also written as Jenever) that is only available in Holland. It is a Gin with cumin flavor, sort of like The "RASAM" of distilled liquor. One could actually add a sprig of coriander on a cocktail made of Genever, and tonic water.
    You know, this post could actually go into that "Never Mind" thread.:tonguewink:
    If you had never been in Schipol, go and try it. After all, it would be just one of your next one hundred trips to India.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
    1Sandhya, Laks09 and shravs3 like this.
  2. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

What I am saying is , they are not under the balance sheet pressures like other airlines , they can’t pack up if there are losses . GOVT has been funding it for long time .

Anyway it does not matter what you or I think , the flights are quite full and the direct flights to del and bom are actually very popular and other airlines now want to model it.

1Sandhya likes this.
  3. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

That is the problem they are not held accountable so they run the whole organization so bad, Yes it is full because the demand is there and senior citizens like it because the air hostesses speak Hindi.

Demand in Air India does not equate to good service, it just means that people are ready to put up with any amount of *^%#

Think of it like a goat going to a slaughterhouse, and when someone says that the goat is going to the slaughterhouse willingly, that’s how your statement is about Air India demand.

Last edited: Jan 9, 2019
  4. 1Sandhya

1Sandhya Platinum IL'ite

I agree with @armummy, what she has written has been my experience. I have *actually* flown the airline recently and basing off that, not just going by reports on social media and news which for some reason there have always been plenty of shocking stories about air India.

@Minion, I am taken aback by your vehemence. There is no need to be so rude. We are all sharing our experiences for OP’s benefit. I don’t want to further divert this thread so I will stop there.

5. armummy

armummy Platinum IL'ite

You seem to have lot of aversion to air India but that not does mean it is a bad airline ... it is good and it is good for Indian diaspora. Speaking familiar language ,good food , less travel time all make for a very enjoyable flight ...

Any way I end this here with you, I am not a spokesperson for AI to go on and on about it but I like it as a traveller who has been flying for last two decades in various airlines .

6. MalStrom

MalStrom IL Hall of Fame

Agree with the statement that Air India fills a need. Several older Russians I know will only fly Aeroflot for the same reasons of familiarity with language, etc despite the airline largely being a joke. There's a lid for every pot.

7. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

You are expressing your view I am expressing my view if you had a good experience then good for you let everyone make their own decision with all the available information

More personal reviews of people who have actually flown the airline

Air India Customer Reviews | SKYTRAX

I am taken aback by your vehemence. There is no need to be so rude. We are all sharing our experiences for OP’s benefit. I don’t want to further divert this thread so I will stop there.

Rude ??? I just expressed my view.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2019
  8. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

Yes true you don't have to go by a single persons opinion you can read all the reviews and ratings provided by rating agency and make a decision.

9. Minion

Minion Platinum IL'ite

That's the only thing the airline is capitalizing on the demand.