How does the Gita begin ?

Discussion in 'Chitvish on Hindu Culture & Vedanta' started by Chitvish, Aug 2, 2007.

1. Chitvish

Chitvish Moderator IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vanaja,
    Thanks for joining us here.
    Your & as well as others' thirst is placing a big responsibility on me ! All my leisure time, I seem to be sitting with my Gita notes only !
    I pray for His & my teacher's blessings to guide me through, successfully !
    Love,
    Chithra.

<xml id=yoombaxml></xml>

2. Chitvish

Dear Hamsadhwani,
    Thankyou for the feedback.
    I too am relieved that all my threads have come under a heading.
    I am first planning to deal with various topics in each chapter. Let me see, how best I can go about !
    Love,
    Chithra.

<xml id=yoombaxml></xml>

3. PushpavalliSrinivasan

PushpavalliSrinivasan IL Hall of Fame

Dear Chitra,
    I personally experience "detached attachment"
    after learning Gita, which is very essential for today's life.
    As you have said, I also felt the same and trying to lead my life accordingly. Though I have not studied Gita deeply, I am trying to practise the little I have learnt. Hope to learn more from your thread.
    Love,
    Pushpavalli

4. Chitvish

Dear Pushpavalli,
    I am very happy to hear from you.
    I think, you & I, being senior citizens, find it more necessary to practise detached attachment ! That way, we are more at peace with ourselves, which is very important !
    Love,
    Chithra.

<xml id=yoombaxml></xml>

5. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Chithra,
    I am glad that you started the Gita verses, though not exhaustively. I know about the pancha koshas but what is 'avastha thrayam'? Is it the 3 states of consciousness/existence? I am eagerly waiting to know more about all these things. Padikka padikka thegattaadhadhu geethai!

6. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Shubham!

So, at last I see the first intro into Gita, as it is:)

Recently, for a puja at the temple here, I took pongal along with chutney! Many at the temple appreciated the chutney as they said that everyone forgets that and pongal acquired a 'pep' because of the chutney...and they all enjoyed it with gutso and I came home happy and contended.

So also, along with your Gita, you have decided to give us an insight into Vedanta, thus preparing us for a complete enjoyment of the lessons that Gita will impart to us:)

There was a special thrill in reading this first episode of Gita from your pen. I have to read your posts on vedanta repeatedly to absorb its complete meaning.
    Thank you for these wonderful posts and your knowledge is amazing and your wish to share it with us is noble.

L, Kamla

7. Chitvish

Dear Malathy,
    Thankyou for the FB.
    Please remember, I am still a student of the Gita & not competent to deal exhaustively with explanation for each shloka.
    Avasthathrayam is the 3 states of experience.
    I am thrilled that you show interest in knowing more about all these things.
    Please continue with me.
    Love,
    Chithra.

<xml id=yoombaxml></xml>

8. Chitvish

Dear Kamla,
    You write such endearing feedbacks & really make me feel that I am doing something worthwhile !
    Gita does have a large measure of vedanta. So, to understand Gita, few fundamentals of vedanta have to be necessarily gone though. Just reading may not be sufficient - chewing & masticating is necessary !
    I am sure I will have your continued support, Kamla !
    Love,
    Chithra.

<xml id=yoombaxml></xml>

9. Tagor

Tagor Guest

Dear Chitra mam,

I have been reading the Gita for sometime now but without properly comprehending and absorbing its meaning except of course reading the immediate translation of the Slokas. The previous episode of yours on the introduction of Gita was itself a wonderful explanantion of the utmost relevance of the holy scripture n our lives today.

I am overjoyed to read your articles and just cant wait for the next one......... to top it up ............ Vedanta ! It couldn`t have been better!!

Thank u so much!

Regards
    Sudeshna

10. Chitvish

Dear Sudeshna,
    Welcome to this sub-forum & thanks for your feedback.
    I have given introduction to Gita from various perspectives, - please go through them all.
    My personal opinion ( I am 99% likely to be wrong, as well !) is that to understand Gita, minimum vedanta knowledge is a must. Otherwise, the very word Atma is incomprehensible.
    You seem to be one of the very few, waiting to know about vedanta ! I am vert happy !!
    Love,
    Chithra.

<xml id=yoombaxml></xml>