How do you working woman manage your early pregnancy issues?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy & Labor' started by SGBV, Feb 15, 2013.

1. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Friends,

I am unable to do anything at office with this severe early pregnancy issues. Till today, I used to have evening sickness, that starts after 4pm and last throughout the night. I hardly eat my dinner, so normally one medium sized apple make my dinner.
    In the mornings too, i have vomit and dizziness, but it vanishes off by 9am.

Thankfully I was all ok at the office, except this extreme weakness and tiredness.

However, today it feels like my morning sickness hasn't gone yet. It is almost 11 am and I am still vomiting. It's been nauseating since I woke up early today, and I could not eat anything. It makes me feel extreme weak and tired, to the point I can not do anything actively. Specially when it comes to accounts, I fear that I could easily overlook things in the paper as my mind isn't supportive enough to concentrate now.

Btw, I am 7 week pregnant with my second one. For the first one, thankfully I got a break from office, and worked from home.This time with this new office the option is not available.

I don't know how long this phase will last. I am not sure whether I can take a long break for at least 2 weeks to take some rest.

How did you working woman manage this early pregnancy sickness while working?

2. OliveOyl

OliveOyl Gold IL'ite

Hi SGBV,

If you tolerate sugar or jaggery during your sickness time, put some in your mouth and allow it to dissolve slowly. It helped me with my second one. Also, if there is a way, try to take it slow in the mornings, finish all your low priority tasks and start on the most critical ones after 11 AM. Again used to work for me.

Another thing that I used to do was take a short, slow walk at 10 AM, just around the time my sickness had to go away so it kind of eased me out of my sickness by 11. Also, try to avoid a very heavy breakfast.

Worst case, I used to just sit and do nothing till the feeling kind of passed, or until my boss wanted something urgently...

3. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Since there is no boss for me (I mean, I am the head of this sub office here), there is no rush about the tasks. But I could see the number of files (both on-line and on the table) waiting for my signature, which I can not/do not want to start right now.

I barely have my dinner and BF these days, as I throw out everything after the meal, and this nauseating sensation wouldn't allow me to eat anything. So, my stomach is almost empty, and which is causing this weakness.

I can try this Jaggery or sugar thing. Weirdly this time I love sweet things despite of this nausea and vomit. Last time I opted for hot or sour stuff, but this is a weird experience for me.

I also can try to walk around the office, talk to ppl, so I would feel a little change within me.

4. jewel4u86

jewel4u86 Silver IL'ite

even though u throw out due to vomit. try to have it atleast few portion may go into ur stomach. As well try to have liquids. instead of water have juice, milkshake or something like that. it will give u energy and satisfy u.

5. luckyme

luckyme Silver IL'ite

Hi dear,

I m now 11 weeks and suffered from severe nausea....morning-afternoon-evening sickness from 6th week onwards...I was so worried and started checking so many forums ....just to figure out when this phase will end...

While mom and mil said its normal but I could feel that it wasn't so..I mean I just could not eat at all...like u said I also had days when I just had an apple for dinner...and just couldn't have any brkfast....
    Then I asked my doctor who first put me on drip as I was feeling very weak and then gave me this medicine called doxinate...she asked me to take it thrice daily...I started with the medicine but was always trying to avoid...until the day I felt it was getting depressing to be sick whole day...I read about the medicine and found that it is absolutely safe for pregnancy...my doctor confirmed the same

I felt better after 10 week mark and am still taking the medicine twice a day though the nausea is almost gone...I would say tell ur doc about ur problem and she may be able to recommend something....

I tried a lot of things including candies, icecream etc. but i just couldn't feel any better

Regarding work....I was just not in a position to attend and luckily I could manage to take a break as I finished my project and to get a new one will take sometime...whatever little work I still had.....i could manage that from home....but otherwise I would have really struggled I know...I m a workoholic and can't keep away from work if I have assignments pending...

I will start attending office full time from coming Monday but the medicine really helped me cross tha phase and i m active n cheerful nowv.....plz do consult ur doc

6. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Thanks all

Lucky me, I guess it is not the medicine but the time. I also had such severe nausea and vomit for my first one, and it all went away just like a miracle on my 10th week or so. Luckily that time I wasn't working. Like you, I had a break between projects, so I could easily rest at home during that phase.

This time, I am in my 9th week, and the vomit is already gone. I have a bit of nausea here and there, but could manage it.

I took a week long sick leave last week, and came back to the office only today. I look like I have already lost my weight, weak and pale. Although there is no nausea and vomit, I still could not eat well. Just having a couple of spoons just for the sake of having it. I drank lots of juices and milk shakes during my leave at home, but here I do not eat or drink that way. May be this is what making me weak.