How Do You "live Life To The Fullest" ?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by anika987, Nov 4, 2021.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

As a homemaker,apart from kids and their activites,home cleaning..I have hobbies like dancing,music and take walks,yoga and do workouts.I also update myself by doing courses and recently completed QA and waiting for the next process.sometimes go to temple with family and maybe dinner outside on weekends.

I talk to my mom everyday and friends back in India once in a while.

Other than that,nothing much going on.I don't do much parties nor do I have many friends here.This is pretty much my life.

I don't know if it is winter blues or my menses hormones..that voice of my uncle just kept going on and on..

what is really a waste of life ?How to live life to the fullest? what are some activities you do to keep you going and How do you keep busy all the time?

2. BhumiBabe

BhumiBabe Platinum IL'ite

To be honest, as I’ve gotten more busy and constantly keep myself occupied, I realized that there is no need for us to be always pre-occupied or productive. We should be aiming to live a fulfilling life, not a busy life. This requires us to focus on the things that truly matter to us, instead of spreading ourselves thin. And learn to do nothing sometimes too

Induslady, Laks09, MalStrom and 2 others like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@anika987,

In my view, fulfilling life is living life to the fullest. It is not how many things we have accomplished or how busy we are but how we do what we do in daily life and how we enjoyed doing it. Quality of life is directly proportional to quality of work we do on a daily basis and how much happiness we derived from such actions. The actions are not performed for pleasing others but to have sense of fulfillment in us. Happiness multiplies only when the action is performed with sense of fulfillment. Every action when performed with a great sense of fulfillment, it develops into a habit and builds our future path. We as a human are so focused on results of our actions but we need to look at the good intention and how much we enjoyed doing it more than the results. The pain of bad results can be nullified by the mindset to achieve sense of fulfillment.

Laks09, BhumiBabe, anika987 and 2 others like this.
  4. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Very nicely put.If you don’t mind,what are some activities you usually do throughout the day?

Laks09 likes this.
  5. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

Thank you.As my IL friends know..it is just that I have been traumatized by my relatives in the past and on and off some comments they made rings in my mind.Today is one of those days..Everytime they meet..I have always been told how I waste life coz am not working and now with my child growing up..yes I do have free time.I have always been happy and go with the flow but now I feel on and off guilty to even watch some tv..Just coz I do not make money..why is my life a waste?I do try very hard for a job but only end up with headaches coz am not getting any and the frustration makes me angry.

The words “wassssstiing away..useless..” for more than a decade for everything..for eg: if I cook well and elaborately it’s like “ you have all the free time in the world and that’s why u are making fresh food.Useless”…

Every little thing?

Today is Diwali and I did not invite any of these people.I do feel alone but it is better to be alone than be in this kind of company.

I need to convince myself am not wasting life..Today don’t know why all the inbuilt frustration rose up..

I was doing so well for the past few months..It’s okay..I will get better

Laks09 and Vedhavalli like this.
  6. Viswamitra

@anika987,

Please don't empower the critics by listening to their words of discouragement such as useless, wasting life, etc. You are invaluable to your family and that thought should be deep rooted in your mind. You need to have self-love to ignore those harsh words. No words that are uttered towards you other than something that would improve the quality of your life is useful to you. Ignore them as you discard thoughts that are not useful to you. After sometime, they will give up wasting their time criticizing you.

Regarding my day to day activities, I only focus on onething at a time which is hard manytimes for women to do as they have to multitask as mother and wife.

1) As soon as I wake up, I meditate for good 10-15 minutes to calm my mind down. This improves my concentration on whatever I do.
    2) After that I spend 5 minutes in front of the altar to pray sincerely and honestly requesting for guidance throughout the day.
    3) I start my work right after these two functions.
    4) Around 8:30 a.m. or 9 a.m., I take a walk for good 30 mintues every day.
    5) I work in blocks of 2 hours and take a break in between to have quick conversation with the family (as I work from home) or play with our pet Orion for 5-10 minutes. I use this gap to respond in IL as well. :)
    6) Unless I have a deadline, I try to wrap up my work by 6 p.m.
    7) Every evening I have spiritual activities such as teaching moral to the children, serving a national committee for moral education, attending spiritual meeting for an hour, attending Bhagavad Gita classes and 3 hours of volunteering in the Hospice on Fridays.
    8) I spent quality time with my family after these spiritual meetings including discussing some important issues about my son's business strategies. This young man has a lot of potential but needs guidance how to run a business.
    9) Lastly, I finish my day reading some interesting books including spiritual books that are pleasing and introspect everything that happened on that day, before I go to bed.

There are days this routine will get disturbed but I take it with patience and bring back that routine the next day through perseverance. When I follow a pattern with a commitment to that routine, the sense of fulfillment becomes automatic.

Laks09, MalStrom, Vedhavalli and 3 others like this.
  7. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Thank you, Viswa Sir for this post of you. I was in a dilemma of what I'm doing is right or I need to change myself. I felt happy for I'm on a right path after reading your thoughts.
    Happy Diwali, Sir.

Laks09, Vedhavalli and Viswamitra like this.
  8. Viswamitra

@Mistt,

Thank you for your kind words. Wish you and yours a wonderful Deepavali.

Laks09, anika987 and Mistt like this.
  9. lavani

lavani Platinum IL'ite

Why do you think you are not living a fullest life right now.

you are in usa. safe , healthy place.
    looks like a fair good marriage. spouse is kind and you have time for leasure activities. dance , yoga.
    healthy child.
    parents are well.
    economically i guess doing ok. not fighting for survival

what makes you feel that getting what more will make it 100%.

practise meditation. it will do wonders. i am not asking you to live like a sanyasi . but every person's fullfillment is different. just ignore the side judgements from anyone , lot of people just want others to vent, if they are not.

Last edited: Nov 4, 2021
    Laks09 and anika987 like this.
  10. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@anika987 - Just go back and revisit your posts from six years ago. Then look at your post from today.

From a place of extreme self doubt, you have reached here -
    The past six years you have worked on yourself to bring yourself to a place of self love and acceptance. That is hard work. Congratulations!
    Now, those other people are still working to reach where you already are. Look at how far you have come and you will know that you are living the most fulfilling life for yourself!