1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How do you identify LO taste and preferences

Discussion in 'Baby / Kids Foods' started by brindhaaa, Jul 8, 2010.

1. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends

How do you identify your LO taste and preferences. Is it by trial and error /luck/patience.

I want my LO to be exposed to different taste and preference ... He is interested in almost all healthy and nutritious snacks like veg, fruits etc , but when it comes to feeding solids , i feel i dont have much choice for him.
    For eg : For lunch when i feed rice , i essentially have to mix dhal with veggies daily. He wont take ,rice with curd, spinach,rasam, sambhar , fruits etc. So my choice is limited. He is not fond of spicy food too.

For breakfast , again either dosa /idli /sathumavu kanji. I tried cornflaks, bread ( a big no) for variety, he refuses.

For dinner i give , rava khichdi with veggies, chapathi/stuffed paratha, dosa ( great dosa fan)

I feel iam not giving him much varieties, rather he is not taking .I myself feel bored to feed the same food daily.He is reluctant to try new food , either problem with texture or taste. How do i know his taste and preference or should i let him as he is and he will outgrow this later.

Please share your experience.

2. Vishalini3

Vishalini3 Silver IL'ite

Make sathumaavu dosas, by adding jaggery syrup+elaichi powder. Or make kolukattais from sathumaavu, with coconut or sprouts as pooranam. You can try puttu too, out of sathumaavu. There are plenty of options. You just need to start experimenting :)

3. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Hi ponlatha,

My DS is 19mths old.. yes , iam trying new things for him , but he tests my patience by just spitting . Prbly iam not a good cook for him :hide: