1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Do You Handle Disappointments?

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by hridhaya, Jun 18, 2018.

1. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @hridhaya ,

I am glad to hear you feel much better.
    I knew it might have been a vent but the truth is all of us deal with these from time to time. So it kind of helped me to remind myself when I wrote for you.

What I was trying to say is say sometimes when I muster up courage to speak out (i rarely lose temper though!) to the slight in a group (like your second friend), I am told often it helps everyone in the group. Hope it made sense now.

What little I have seen of you in IL made me respond to you. Thank you for taking it in the spirit it was written. We are all here for one another no doubt about it!

sindmani and hridhaya like this.
  2. Needtobestrong

Needtobestrong Platinum IL'ite

No expectations, No disappointment.
    I learnt this the hard way after going out of the way to help friends and acquaintances, but when I was in a difficult situation all ignored me.
    Even close friends whom i considered as BFFs.
    Even close friends have hidden details from me which were important, in many circumstances I also don't share certain details with friends no matter how close they maybe because it maybe too personal.
    If a friend has come home from abroad after a long time and doesn't inform u either she is too busy or is not interested in meeting you..many times it's happened with me too that friends have visited from abroad but never told at all..or made excuse not to meet even if offered convenient time and place..
    Have also been ignored for social gatherings. In the beginning it would probably prick me like anything, but now I'm olde and wiser and somehow understand that some one who doesn't require my presence isn't worth it.

3. Preetii

Preetii Gold IL'ite

Hi Hridaya,
    I faced similar situation with my friends (college friends) who i thought closest knits..
    After the bitter experience, i stopped making friends and started being like hi & bye relationship.
    still i help who approach me but each time i meet people that bitter experience flashes & i stop being close to any.

But this is difficult too,

sindmani, Thyagarajan and hridhaya like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

THE BEST PART in your FB is highlighted that is the synopsis of your beautiful thoughtful analysis of the spectrum of issues “of Dis appointment “.
    2. If appointments are broken and of which no prior information available one would always suffer heartbreak as in case of waiting for fiancé!
    3. Less the expectation (of reciprocation) better it is for the heart or else .
    Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless.

5. Joyoflife

Joyoflife Gold IL'ite

I really enjoyed reading your response. I learnt so much from it. Every word is embedded with wisdom. Thank you so much. Posts like this make the trip to IL worthwhile. Regards.

sindmani likes this.
  6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Thank you dear @Joyoflife for your words.
    I am also in the process of learning and applying what I have learnt constantly. Sharing with others what has worked for me is a good reminder to myself. Your appreciative words mean the world to me and likewise, makes it all worthwhile sharing. Thank you.

sindmani likes this.
  7. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Your intention to help others is a noble attitude that is considered as performance of your character whereas your wishes to know everything about their activities in life is an expectation. In general, I consider our objective in life is increase our performance of our character and reduce our expectations of others. I call it as human P/E ratio (Performance/Expectation). Needless to say, you can increase the numerator and decrease the denominator, the fruits we get in life will be sweater.

Viswa

sindmani, star90new and hridhaya like this.