1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

how do u organize clothes

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by vpriya, Jan 17, 2008.

1. mallugal

mallugal Senior IL'ite

Hi Y'All...

For me my hubby's dresses has occupied our entire wardrobe in bedroom i keep my dress in the other bedroom..he just has too many shirts :) For him i keep his inner wear nicely separated in drawers so tht it will be easy for him.. and he wont make a mess.

For me i like to keep my inner wears in a separate plastic bag.. it saves lots of space in my wardrobe

2. marrgg

marrgg Bronze IL'ite

Very Useful hints on organizing clothes. Though i clean my cupborad often, in a week's time it becomes messy. I will follow the tips provided by you all.

Thanks a lot...

3. kalakshetra

kalakshetra Senior IL'ite

Hi

Thank you all of you for sharing such wonderful tips on organizing clothes and jewellery. I got a lot of ideas now and I can try them out and be more organized. Keep posting.....

4. srirangani

srirangani New IL'ite

I have a special drawer just for my underwear. The closet has all the clothes hung up in their respective places. In my opinion, that is the ONLY way to keep underwears from immediate view. Plus, Its next to impossible to arrange them. They are small and they cant be even folded properly! it looks wierd when folded and it will be messed up after a short while. So fold it up and put it in your drawer :D

5. Poonkodi

Poonkodi Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for your tips in organising the clothes. We used to store the underware in separate plastic big storage boxes for each one

6. dimpleanand2002

dimpleanand2002 Junior IL'ite

thanks for your valuable suggestions. but i got a lot of clothes in my wardrobe which are very much wearable but i don't feel like wearing them, neither do i feel like donating them and they are so many of them.
    what do u do in such a situation?

7. simrannkaur

simrannkaur New IL'ite

Hi,

Its nice to read everyones experiences that they share.

Regarding the artificial jwellery, I keep each set in a small ziplock bag and each ziplock bag is neatly put in a drawer or a box. I usually use the icecream boxes to store my jwellery and put them in my dressing table drawer. The sets can be divided into the regular daily ones with the heavy functional jwellery. Heavy jwellery can be kept in the similar way in a different box. so that you dont waste time early morning before going to office.

For the clips, you can be a little creative and use old dolls preferably the soft ones. Its easy to modify them. use old wool to make her hair and hang this dall near your dressing table. You can pin up all your clips neatly on the dolls hair. This looks very beautiful and creates a nice unique showpiece for your room.

1 person likes this.
  8. jsundhara

jsundhara New IL'ite

Hi,
    i am regular with indusladies,but never bothered to write anything.but today i thought i,ll share a little with ils.
    Till last month i was also undergoing the process of
    organising the wardrobes now my wardrobe is twenty four
    well organised.

Couple of hrs with you tube browsing made life time change in my wardrobe.you can check this
    1.how to fold inner wear.
    2.how to fold socks
    3.bed linen
    4.bath towels.
    It helped me alot. From april my clothes,towels,bed spreads every thing is in place.no skeltons in my cupboard.maintaing the clothes has become hobby now.
    You can get step by folding of inner wear,socks and things.
    It takes usual folding but saves time from repeteg rearranging.
    When inner garments are oraganised u get room other things.
    In closing- best tips for indian clothes in next mail.

2 people like this.
  9. mstrue

mstrue New IL'ite

Did not go through old posts.. so sorry if this was a repeat in any sense. :)
    As many ladies, I take a full wardrobe and my 'better-half' :biglaughshares his with my DS.

My business casuals, his dress, DS clothes - I hung them up neatly.
    Indian wears go in suitcases as they are rare to get their turn.

Besides, every summer I revise the clothes in the wardrobe - so all winter wears 'slumber party' in huge suitcases.

I have stackable boxes to accomodate all of our undergarments in discrete sections so they are quiet & happy there. :coffee

And once in awhile, when my sweet 'pack rat' DH is not around I put on my 'minimalist' cap and dispose/donate old clothes. He hardly knows what comes in or goes out - clothes department is entirely mine.

He does not even care to unfold the sleeves when he removes his shirt or bother to pull the socks right side out before leaving it next to the shoe, let alone remember what shirt is where!!:crazy

10. banuma

banuma Senior IL'ite

You can store small clothes like inners, socks etc in cardboard boxes like Mixie boxes etc.You can have seperate boxes for kids. By this method we can store more and they can also be closed and pushed under our cots.

Last edited: Jul 29, 2010