1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

how do u organize clothes

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by vpriya, Jan 17, 2008.

1. SoaringSpirit

SoaringSpirit Silver IL'ite

AC,
    Those rectangular zipper bags are from India. I got them from there. They are very popular there so if someone can get a few for you that'll be nice.

vpriya,
    For the the jewelry I have transparent plastic boxes that have small circles or squares punched in them and I put my jewelry in there. I don't remember where I got those from 'cos I was looking for more but could not find them. I guess I did not look too hard. I also use transparent soap dishes :) from Walmart and I put my ear-rings etc in there. These boxes are kept in the drawer of my sink in the master bath. All I do is open a few of these boxes and select what I want to wear for the day.

SS

1 person likes this.
  2. amudha71

amudha71 New IL'ite

:cheershi priya you can have seperate boxes for gold and seperate for other jewellery. when you come to india u can pick up some jewellery boxes from the jewellery storeswhere u can store ear rings and bangles seperately. you can even get an revolving cabinet box where u can hang your chains etc and keep all jewellery and acessoies in one place and last but not the least decide what u want to wear the next day and take and keep it aside in the night so u can be comfortable in the morning.

1 person likes this.
  3. vpriya

vpriya Senior IL'ite

Thanks Amudha and SS,
    I will look for those plastic boxes, as of now i have kept it in ice cube trays, so it is easy to take it out on daily basis. i need to do something abt the clips, hair accessories. i am cleaning up slowly day by day.

I just need to clean and organize the computer table and all other papers.

4. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi All, loved to read about your closet arrangements. I don't have to give mine as mine is mostly similar to Ria's arrangement except the saree bags, I had never heard of those, so this time will get some from India.
    Also, I prefer wooden dressers more to keep clothes as the transparent ones used to show different colours .......and sometimes it looks funny to me. I am using the transparent Sterilite one to keep knick-knacks.......
    About jwellery box, I had one metal one from India, it has different sections, but its not really big for 10-12 pairs..........so, I brough one from K-Mart.........its really cheap, just 25 bucks and has plenty of space for jwelleries.
    It can be a good addition to your dresser.........
    Thank you ladies for sharing so many things which are very useful but sometimes not known to us...........
    Regards.

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meeta,

I totally agree with you that wooden dressers are way better because they are not transparent! Only problem being that one cannot get as many shapes and varieties in wood like one does in plastic.
    As for my jewellery, I have hit upon an idea to keep things straight! As I have traversed quite a few years in my journey, the 'junk' I have collected is also awe inspiring!! Well, like most of you, I store my gold and valuable jewellery with more care and seperately from the costume and fashion jewellery. For the latter, I have collected an assortment of boxes ( for all that it matters, it can be a shoe box or a sterilite plastic or an old gift box..etc etc). I have sorted out different sets according to colors and combinations and have placed sets and similar colored jewellery in see through small or medium sized zip lock bags and in turn, placed them in the bigger boxes. This way, you can at once go to whatever color you want, quickly grab them and at the end of the day, easily pack away. No boxes or bundling together of trinkets. Easily managable as I suffer from the syndrome...'out of sight , out of mind!'

L, Kamla

6. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Kamala Ma'am,
    Its a nice way of arrangement. I also did the same thing that is putting different coloured jwelleries into ziplock bags during travel to india and it was convenient during boarding too.......because some of the time I had to show them that I have jwelleries in my hand bag as I didn't put them in my check-in bags.
    I don't have really too much jwellery stuff, so I am putting them in the open in the J-Box.
    I will start collecting different coloured fashion jwelleries now.............
    In fact, I am too lazy to wear the things which I have.........and basically stick to small ear-studs.......like un-noticeable ones........
    Regards.

7. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Meeta,

To be simple and classy is really the way to go. One really does not need a whole lot of jewellery!

But having said that, trust me, I get tempted, at least, did more so in the past! Also, as we live in cold countries wearing trousers and jumpers most of the time, some accessories with color can pep you up in this dismal weather! I feel good when I look good:))

And over the time, one does end up with a collection. I have straightened out much of it, but can't seem to let go some of it, yet:))

L, Kamla

1 person likes this.
  8. hemchi

hemchi Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

Arriving quite late to this thread...but I too have a similar concern...though I'm here in India. Too many things to organize...and so little space is what I always feel! Got really good ideas out of this thread!
    Now my question is how do you keep the bags and purses? Formal, ethnic, casual, etc? It already occupies one whole row in my cupboard!Or should I hang it on the cupboard doors? I dont want my cupboard to look spectacular since I have curious nieces-in-law, especially the fashion jewellry and bags section!

Thanks,
    Hema

9. Jaishree123

Jaishree123 Senior IL'ite

Hi
    really a very nice topic.
    I m very late to reply to this topic..got good tips from all of u on storing jewellery and clothes.
    I m not good at it. my husband sometimes makes fun and says our house is like a cloak room of railway station.
    now I will try to be more organized and try to adopt some of the tips by our dear llites.

Thanks
    Jaishree:clap

10. Sue Manny

Sue Manny New IL'ite

Hi Priya,
    I too love artificial jewellery and have loads of it to match my Western as well as Indian clothes.
    I get these divided plastic containers from craft stores and have a separate one for ear-rings, necklaces and rings.
    The sets I keep them in snack size zip-loc bags in a big plastic box.
    Since they are transparent they are easy to find in the box.
    I also set out my clothes and my matching jewellery the night before so my mornings are peaceful .Computer Typing