1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

how do u massage a wiggle worm?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by loonypooh, Mar 27, 2010.

1. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

zoey is sooooooooooooooooooo wiggly these days.... i put her on the mat, come with the oil bottle, and she is 4 feet away already. bring her back...somehow massage her front in a minute. turn her on her tummy, and she flips... aarrggghhh!

i try feeding her in cradle position, she runs away... almost slides away on the bed....the other day i tied a dupatta like a sling around her to feed her, since she was sliding away continuously.

she now removes the velcro and fasteners of her diaper and gives them back to me.. i knew this would happen some day eventually but at nearing 6 months???? today morning i put a banari diaper on her.... in 15 mins she removed the velcro, and threw the diaper away :rant:rant:rant
    initially i found all this amusing but not anymore, when i had to clean a poopy explosion in her crib :rant:rant:rant

how do u massage or diaper ur wiggle wormk?

2. enlightened

enlightened Bronze IL'ite

Couldnt help laughing over the title of the thread poonam!!!
    Sure its super tough when LOs get so wriggly....forgotten what i did to my DS though!!LO has not reached the stage yet:)

3. brindhaaa

brindhaaa Bronze IL'ite

Ha Ha ...

I used to give toys or sing a song , or tell a story to hold the baby's attention and it really helps till now ( he is 16mths old and i still massage him)

Hope this helps.

4. mridusudha

mridusudha Silver IL'ite

Poonam,

I hear you. I stopped massaging DS when he was 4 months old because he moved so much that I couldn't do it anymore....These days it's the diaper..He crawls super fast now. So by the time I remove the old diaper and put the new diaper under his butt, he is 4 feet away :)
    It is getting frustrating but I try to give him a toy or sing a song or atleast switch on the TV..sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't..

Sorry couldn't offer anymore better solutions

5. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Poonam, I massage my DS on the changing table in a standing position. If I put him on thefloor, it would be the same story :) Changing table is against the window and I am on the other side so not a lot of space to move. When he was younger distracting him with something used to work. It is funny, but sometimes it feels like you need two people to do something simple as change a diaper!

6. AnithaA

AnithaA Bronze IL'ite

Poonam, I am in splits! Removing the diaper!! :biglaugh Sorry, I know it must be frustrating. We didn't have the diaper problem as we use them rarely. It was langots and then graduated to small panties. As for the massage, yes. It happens. What I have been doing is give her a cup similar to the one in which I have oil and let her play. But this is done in a sitting position. I also keep tickling her so I get the work done while she is laughing away. Another method you can try is putting Z on your legs for the massage. Like how they give a bath in the traditional way. Good luck!

7. asha_karthik

asha_karthik Silver IL'ite

Poonam.. :)
    what i do is this, something close to anitha's. i keep him inbetween my two legs, with his head on my heels, the sheet all the way from my leg down. in a way he can't see the things around him on the floor clearly; so that gives me sometime. i give him a toy and quickly massage/change. he loves when i sing a high pitched song; while he admires his mommy's voice with all smiles, i quickly finish my job.

8. lee50

lee50 Silver IL'ite

Hi Pooh,

Lenora was the same. I stopped the detailed massage after seven months, I didn't have time too. I bathe her at night applied oil over her body gave her a soothing massage and let the oil to absorb overnight, it was winters then. I have stopped this regime completely in summers. Oil is a no no. If at all, its problematic to massage then only the legs and the hands can be massaged.

DD too straps of the velcros and these days we are doing only hoisery panties and cloth langots. Back to square one :) DH noticed her slouching with the diapers and asked me to go easy with just hoisery panties and cloth langots.

9. Priya_Mommy

Priya_Mommy Gold IL'ite

Poonam,
    I can't stop lauging at your post. Cherry too did the same when he was 6-7 months and it was really difficult to massage him and getting him bath. So around 9 months, he started bathing in stand position with his little legs.
    Zoey too seems to be pretty naughty!!!
    Enjoy!! Her toddler days are nearing!!!

10. loonypooh

loonypooh Silver IL'ite

thank u ladies for ur inputs.
    anitha, i tried massaging her over my legs... bah, she just tumbled over and olled away :(

lee, sudha, i think yes its about time to stop massaging. today i just smeared a tiny bit of oil, and only gave her the usual belly massage i do everyday.... thats all... she was laughing and giggling all the time! dunno whats so amusing to her these days.. lol

priyamommy...i dunno what she will do at 9 months but now when we give her bath, she holds onto both the sides of the tub and sits...instead of lying down on the infant support..

lyn, i think its too early for hosiery panties, and these CDs save me a ton of laundry, but i am counting days as to when she becomes a pro at removing her diaper everytime, then will get her trainer pants... pheeeww! babies never cease to amuse us!