1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice

how do u keep ur house clutterfree especially when u dont like to throw things out??

Discussion in 'Spotless Kitchen' started by ravioli1970, Sep 1, 2013.

1. ravioli1970

ravioli1970 Bronze IL'ite

hi ladies,
    would like some input from all of you on how to keep ur house clutterfree especially when u don't like to throw anything out. I personally don't like to waste and try to use everything as much as I can possibly, I even control my shopping and do not go on a shopping spree every season but still I feel I have a lot of stuff in my closet especially clothes and shoes and just don't know what to do. my sister and I share clothes with each other, we switch things that we have worn few times and try to extend the usage but would like to know any other tips that u all personally use!:bonk

2. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

Re: how do u keep ur house clutterfree especially when u dont like to throw things ou

Hi,
    You can donate the clothes/shoes you no longer wear and are not likely to wear, if they are in good condition. For me, I feel easier in my mind if I donate such stuff to a charity rather than throwing them out. :cheers

3. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

Re: how do u keep ur house clutterfree especially when u dont like to throw things ou

last year i sold alot of my old clothes, and even got good money for it. try doing that, if you can't then try donating the ones that you are very sure you are not going not wear.

firstly i feel you need to organise your wardrobe. the ones that you use on a daily basis, keep them where you can reach for them easily. then the ones that you use when you go out, and then the ones you wear occasionally.

the ones you wear probably once in a year like ghagra choli, and the others which you don't wish to donate, better keep them in a bag and store iin the top cupboard or the attic where you don't see them everyday.

that way your wardrode will remain clutter free.

4. ravioli1970

I do donate when I go to india and here as well. selling hmmm... never thought abt it, not sure where and how would I do that. give me some suggestions girlygirl

5. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Dear Ravioli,I have a friend who follows the buy one ,remove one rule. Every time she buys something,she removes one item from her home either by donating or selling. Specially true for clothes.
    I am not so disciplines and my cupboards are a nightmare.

But I do try to follow some rules.We have lots of girls in the family and my daughters are the oldest. The good party wear ,party shoes,good toys and books are stored and given away to the next in age girl in the family.(my sister's and brother's daughter)Since they don't mind and appreciate it .I usually buy a few new gifts along with these and the girls are all excited.

The non party ,daily wear goes to the maid,shoes are specially appreciated since kids outgrow them fast and hardly use them. The pencils ,colour sticks that are no longer used by my girls(they keep getting them as return gifts in B'day parties)are collected and given to a school for poor kids. You can give to the maid if she has small kids.

All unused paper from old notebooks is collected . I punch holes in them and put them in folders to give my kids and servant's kids for rough use.

I do a lot of craft stuff hence most unused clothes are used up......if not I give away,turn them into mops and dusters.

6. thegirlygirl

thegirlygirl Platinum IL'ite

i don't know how it works at your place, but last year i got the contact number of few women who sell second hand clothes, through them i came to know alot of other women too in similar business.

they came to my place, and i sold them my clothes. i sold other things like books and some household stuff too.

7. ravioli1970

ya in the US people have garage sales and they sell all the things that they replaced with new ones and don't need anymore on the weekends but I find that a lot of work especially when I am the only one thinking about doing it and no other family member is interested.
    my trouble is I get very attached to my things and especially here things look the same year after year and do not get worn out easily so I like to wear them as long as I can. that's why I try to control my shopping as the closet space is limited and its very easy to add on to ur closet in USA as things r more affordable!!
    ya yellowmango, I like that rule and I do share a lot of stuff with my sister and her girls but they live in india and due to limitations on luggage weight its not as easy to bring stuff to give!!