1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

How do Indian Women protect their hair in USA ??

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Kodavati, Jan 23, 2008.

1. sunitha

sunitha Gold IL'ite

Tina,we recently bought a home and this home has a water softner system and a centralised humidifier already installed.I am just hoping after reading your post that these two things will help with my hair loss .Wish me luck!!:thumbsup

2. Nittu

Nittu Senior IL'ite

Hi Tina
    Can u give more details about the magnetic water softener. I am willing to take to india. Can u tell me the specific brand name. Can we install it buy our self? Thank you in advance.

3. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

Sunitha:
    Your hair will be really soft and shiny with that whole house system. As you may have already found out, reduce quantity of shampoo by a lot. Enjoy the new house!

4. tashidelek2002

tashidelek2002 IL Hall of Fame

NIttu:
    This is the place where I ordered my two magnetic units. At the time that I installed I had hot water on demand from the furnace so only needed two units. Last year I installed a regular hot water heater so now I need two more units but sadly its not in the budget right now. Even so it still helps especially with the chlorine. If you are considering this make, please call them and explain how your water is in India (like with a tank etc) before making any decision. They can work it all out for you. Placement is very important but installation is incredibly easy. After you talk to them, then I suggest doing some internet shopping in case you find a unit that you like better than what I bought.

No Salt GMX Water Softeners - $699 - GMX Easy Water Conditioners - GMX Easy Water Softner

5. Nittu

Nittu Senior IL'ite

Hi friend
    Thank you for the details.
    Looks like it will not fit into my budget :confused2:
    I am looking for smaller one that i can out either for my kitchen or bathroom. If u know softener which is small,please tell me.:help

6. bunchofroses03

bunchofroses03 New IL'ite

Hi Ladies,

I have been facing similar problem for the last 1.5 years. I came to the US in Nov 2007 and started to have hair fall immediately. I went to the doctor in Aug 2008 and she told me that my Vit D level is low which is quite common in Indians when they come to the US coz they dont get exposed to the sun that often (especially in winters:cry: ).. So I have been taking Vit D since then.. It helped a bit initially but I'm back to square one.. I also saw a dermatologist and he asked me to use Rogaine.. I havent really used it.. Do u think it would be great idea to continue using it??

What else can I do to have healthy hair and prevent hair loss... Also just to mention I am a Sikh girl and do not trim my hair for religious reasons so I have many split ends.. I know I cant get rid of them completely but what can I do to soften my hair and make them grow???

Please help!!:drowning

7. luckybychance

luckybychance Senior IL'ite

try the Hair Care category....U have some real-useful and working tips...
    I tried them and it already started working wonders on my hair
    Good luck to u too

8. jeya0110

jeya0110 Senior IL'ite

Hey ppl,

I have recently landed to Charlotte, US on a business trip for 3 months.. though its a short time span, i am really really worried with my hair loss as i already have a rat tail hair. Can someone suggest how should i give a egg white massage and the frequency of it.. Please do suggest if you have any other options as well.

Regards,
    Jeya.

9. nbedita84

nbedita84 New IL'ite

Hi everyone ,
    This is my second month in USA and believe me I have almost lost all of my hairs . My hair was always thin but it has enough volume but now it is like a **** . I find hair everywhere from kitchen, toilet and in other places as well . I was searching in web and got this forum . There are so many suggestions that I am confused . Can you please tell me what exactly can be done to stop hair loss as well as to regrow the lost hair ?

Plsssssssssssssss help .

Nibedita .

10. lathaviswa

lathaviswa IL Hall of Fame

:iagree i am also having the same problem pls give a good solution.