1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How do I stop getting jealous of other women??

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anika987, Oct 22, 2013.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I thought of myself as a good person and content with whom I am.I usually dress casual,not for others to appreciate me and honestly do not even care if others do not tell anything good.

However,sometimes I noticed that if someone comments something nice about my cousin sisters, i get a little annoyed.I recover very quickly though.but i should NOT be feeling that way!

I usually workout very hard and i believe in losing weight the right way.i still have 4 more pounds from my dream weight and it took me the very slow and steady way..more than a year!My cousin who delivered my daughter recently ..just 6 months back has become SUPER SLIM!due to breastpumping. she also changed her hairstyle and became very mordern.Also,i used to talk to her about a branded colored jean which i wanted to get long time back(Waiting to get to my right weight so it looks perfect)she brought it and wore it to a party last week.

my friend came to my home and kept saying how great she looked.i admit i felt annoyed.I was the host of the party and i really took pains to dress great and got no appreciation.

In a nutshell,usually i do not bother about appreciation and am very casual but when I see others getting appreciated i get jealous which makes me a very bad person.

How do i not worry about it and be who iam?

2. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

It hurts to be a host and not get any appreciation. It also tells me little about your guests too. It is common sense to thank the host for her efforts and the nice dishes.

But you are not going to be most beautiful woman in a group all the time. It is also possible that you might never be. Some people can be the life of any party. They just have it in them.

You can take few steps to increase your confidence. 4 pounds away from dream weight is not "over weight or obese". You might actually be quite in shape. You can wear dresses/colors that suit you. You can take care of your skin and face. Most of all, if you engage yourself in activities that you feel passionate about, the happiness reflects and you will become more confident and not get into petty comparisons.

3. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

You have two issues here. The first one is about getting jealous of other women and the other is about unappreciative guests.
    As far as the first is concerned, I would advise you to lose weight and remain healthy for your own sake. Dress well for your own sake. If you give too much importance to the appreciation/criticism of your friends/relatives as far as looks are concerned, you'll only lose your peace of mind.

Coming to your second issue about unappreciative guests, there isn't much you can do except hope that they pick up some good manners on the way to every party they attend. :thumbsup

Last edited: Oct 22, 2013
  4. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Hi OP, to overcome your jealously thoughts, try this exercise..list out the positives in you and tell yourself you are not less than others. Everybody is different and one cant be like other. Women you think grater than you may lacks in something which you have.
    If weight is the only problem for your jealously, make a goal to reduce it.
    And I will tell you a secret :shhh:, if you start LOVING yourself 'accepting' what you are then you will ask others, 'What is the meaning of jealousy' :roll:

5. gavi

gavi Senior IL'ite

Hi Aruna
    now you got this problem. Stop worrying and build your confidence and be happy. Do you have children if you have children dress them nicely and admire them. For me I don't care about my beauty during my parties because my concentration will be to successfully complete the party. You worry too much :)

sindmani and (deleted member) like this.
  6. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

it is ok.it happens with everybody.you are already working on losing weight.so stop comparing yourself with others and focus only on yourself.

7. GoldenMist

GoldenMist Silver IL'ite

I agree that every one should maintain health, personality and proper body shape.
    but my opinion is, if you wear out fit of correct size according yo your body, you should always great no matter if you are slim or not.

Do not be jealous.Try to be beautiful just for yourself.Pamper your self and be confident all the times.If you are confident then you are beautiful.

Do not always be so casual.Try to wear seasonal dresses, try out some simple hair style.Did anyone stopped you from geeting new look for your hair???All this cannot happen in single day but take times.Your cousin should also have got efforts

Yes I agree that a host should always be appreciated for her/his time, hospitality,food and should be congratulated

8. parvathi1980

parvathi1980 Platinum IL'ite

Don't worry too much about this...I have cousins who did not say anything nice about me on my wedding day! They were going gaga over themselves or other people. Be happy and content the way you are. Losing weight slowly and sensibly is a more effective and lasting way. So keep smiling.

And these thoughts make you a normal human being.

1 person likes this.
  9. guesshoo

guesshoo IL Hall of Fame

Well, OP. It is just a feeling. Just let it pass and think no more about it. I feel that approach will work. If you act out because of that or something, it is a different issue. Don't let any negativity creep in due to this. You identified what you felt. Just accept it and move on. I feel that's the key.

1 person likes this.
  10. malarg

malarg Senior IL'ite

Hey...understand that some amount of jealousy is normal for every human being.

2 people like this.