How Do I Pack And Maintain Take-to-office Lunches For A Week

Discussion in 'Recipe Central' started by SuiDhaaga, Nov 4, 2021.

1. SuiDhaaga

SuiDhaaga IL Hall of Fame

I commute to office and try to carry little as possible. I avoid eating out (except to buy coffee or tea)

In the morning I clean raw pre cut veggies and wrap them in foil (again, I don’t want to carry back containers)

I also prepare peanut butter sandwich (I add nuts inside the slices) and out in zip lock sandwich bag

I feel pressed for time.

How do I prepare this during the weekend so food does not spoil?

Are there other materials better than foil and zip lock bag. Must be disposable because I refuse to carry heavy stuff (almost injured my arm before COVUD pandemic!)

2. KashmirFlower

KashmirFlower IL Hall of Fame

parathas and theplas light weight to carry and can be prepared over the weekend
    bread and omlette
    bioled eggs

3. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

I've started using reusable silicone bags that are light-weight for taking cut fruits/snacks/sandwiches for picnics and short trips. I was getting concerned about my zip-lock bag usage - even if i reuse them a couple of times, they are going to remain on the surface of the earth for many centuries after I am long gone. :)

You said you have pre-cut veggies. What part of it time-consuming in the mornings that you would like to do them in the weekend? I am just clarifying because i don't yet understand the problem from your description.

I just want to add the "morning rush" and stress is real so I feel you... :)

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  4. SuiDhaaga

I got so many other chores and food prep to do besides mine.

I really felt a grind when I had to spend extra few minutes assembling precut veggies.

I wish I can use disposable packing that is biodegradable because I cannot stand the heavy strain of my bag on my shoulder and legs.

My morning routine also includes physical therapy because I’m prone to injuries

Morning grind, eyuck!!!

5. startinganew

startinganew Gold IL'ite

Ok got it. I think you can get 5 silicone bags put a kitchen towel or two at the bottom and sides, and then put your veggies in the them over the weekend. You just take 1 bag to work each day of the week. I haven't done this myself. When I do an image search for salad in silicone bag, I am seeing a lot of pictures (some ads, some personal photos) - so it might work.

It's amazing that your lunch is raw veggies!!! Great job on eating healthy. :cheer::clap2::cheer:

upload_2021-11-10_10-30-56.png
    upload_2021-11-10_10-32-8.png

SuiDhaaga likes this.
  6. SuiDhaaga

I will research this.

Also I must carry light. I take this bag (Amazon.com: Kipling Kichirou Lunch Bag Blue Bleu 2 : Home & Kitchen) to office, hence real estate is at a premium.

Thank you for the compliments. Eating healthy makes me less tired, sluggish, etc.