1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How do housewives spend their time

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by indirank, Aug 21, 2013.

1. indirank

indirank Silver IL'ite

I found one or two jobs in coaching classes which were from morning 6.30 or late evenings with very less pay. and morning leaving so early and going was not possible as i was staying in a join family before. its just from past 4 months that only me n DH are staying

1 person likes this.
  2. indirank

indirank Silver IL'ite

Thank you for your reply. I ll try for few more days to find jobs outside otherwise i am thinking of taking tuition at home for school kids :)

3. gurpreetsingh

gurpreetsingh Gold IL'ite

I have been working for last 10 years and last year I took 6 months break due to health issues. But I felt horrible being at home . I got bored with watching TV , movies , music and almost I felt life is waste if I dont go for work .
    To kill time, I started a boutique ( online )as I was feeling bored . But it did not work well and It required more work than my IT job .. I was so tired while doing it .
    If I leave job and stay at home , I want to start boutique again.. But then my dh must be ready to sponsor for it :(

4. indirank

indirank Silver IL'ite

true gurpreet
    some decisions in life rele get on nerves. even thou we are at home we cant be super excited about cooking or cleaning everyday.so how to spend the time is a big problem

5. Mahajanpragati

Mahajanpragati Platinum IL'ite

OP,
    staying at home is not everyone cup of tea.you need a certain type of temparament & ability to keep yourself busy to pass time.as you have been staying at home & now are bored of this life then the bestthing is to find a jo.what about working in school as u have worked as lecturer.sometimes salary should not be the defining point rather what other benefits one can get like flexible time,less stress & so on,..........otherwise when you were working or studying there must be something you wanted to do but could not because of your busy schedule,now is the time todo thzt like learning to swim or learning Italian cusine....
    the 1st year of marriage is magical & there is some charm is waiting for hubby ,cooking for him & so on.I suggest you do cooking before he comes so that ones he comes you both can spend as much time together going for walk,for window shopping,to park in twilight or just watching movie or reading together.....
    as many posters havesaid that cherish the timeyou are having now & soon your life willl become hectic that you will miss these carefree days.
    o

1 person likes this.
  6. NajlaM

NajlaM Senior IL'ite

Hi...i am in the same boat as you... i can totally understand what you are going through....I also tried for job but didnt get one that suited me.. I sometimes feel i will go mad by sitting at home all day and night...i dont like watching tv much.. Now am planning to go for driving classes soon.. Also am preparing for pg entrance exam.. still it is hard at times... Hope you get a job that you like soon..

7. Radhai

Radhai Platinum IL'ite

nothing wrong in asking for a suggestion.

8. Janki75

Janki75 Bronze IL'ite

It's great if it's the two of you- once hubby is packed and off to work, you can finish the cleaning and dinner prep and there is time in between to pick up a hobby, garden or learn something new. But if you live with MIL ( like I did in the beginning)- I had 5 months off work after I got married. I did not have a single day where I was bored. Wake up and there is breakfast, then cleaning- crazy lady had me cleaning walls, doors and baseboards weekly plus the regular stuff. Laundry ( mine, hers, DH and - Sil and her 3 children moved in) I couldn't wait to get back to work and try and move out ASAP

9. indirank

indirank Silver IL'ite

Hi it happens in a joint family. i also have experienced it. BUT my MIL is very good. she nvr asks me to do anything. but i used to the basic cooking, cleaning etc. and that time we will be bored with that. human nature is like that

10. aamrapali

aamrapali Gold IL'ite

If you do plan on working or some other goals for your future, now is the best time to start working on them. I regret the time I did not use wisely when I was a home maker. I was lost did not know what to do how to go about it and was waiting for the future than making the best of the present. Now when I look back, I think I could have done so much that would have benefited me for where I wanted to go in life and what I wanted to become. Today, I have a million things I want to do but no time because of a crazy hectic job. And now I am counting my days to retire so I can stay at home and enjoy life. So make the best of it and do the things you like for who knows you may never find this kind of free time again.

Aamrapali