How do/did you choose schools for your children?

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by Varloo, Oct 23, 2007.

1. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

Hello Ilites,

The thread started by Varloo is really an eye opener to all the parents who are getting ready to send their wards to school.

Manju, Please accept your daughter as she is. Dont try to change her with what she is comfortable with. Pl explain to your family members if they dont just ignore .

With love
    Padma

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

HI manju,

As other have pointed out dont change what comes natural for your child..You support your child as i said be firm (I learnt it very much later ) tell them what you can do with right my daughter will do with her left or the vice versa..

Regarding your daughter being difficult these children become the best students at school once they get adjusted and love the school. you have to give some time for that...

school sboa is a good option.other activities you can teach outside.anna nagar is full of all those...

all the best...dont worry too much..

3. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Varloo, Padma and Shanthi,

Thank you all for your kind replies. It gives lot of relief from my tension in the school hunt.

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi manju,

You are welcome. glad that we have been helpful..and i am sure your wheezing will really be under control due to one point less in your stress levels right...take care...

yeah all one person is clear...what happened to our minnu has she found a school...hey minnu do post and tell us............

5. padmavathi m

padmavathi m Silver IL'ite

Hi Varloo, Shanti,

I just spoke to Raji Spl Educator, she told me to put Krithi in Sankalp since krithi needs remedials atleast for a year or two. later i can put her in a mainstream school .
    Only Spl schools will teach the basic skills what krithi needs. This is what she suggested me. She is now working as a Consultant in a mainstream school.
    Everyday its a nightmare for her, especially with the hindi teacher. She has become a target for all her subject teachers in the school.
    Now the problem is to get a TC from the present school.

With regards

padma

6. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Dear Friends,

As u all said about the lefties - as my son is also a left hander. He does all his activities in the left hand. I don't want to change it and i insist everybody in my house not to change the habit. It was very difficult for me to convince everybody for this.

after telling the happenings behind that every body accepted.

Does any body have any idea about DAV Public School? Vels Vidhyashram? PSBB Millenium School? and DAV Adambakkam?

I checked with the websites, but i want anybody to tell me personally about how do they feel about these schools, academics,extra curricular, teaching methodology etc stuff.

it will be very useful for me to admit my Kid for pre kg.

7. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Padma,
    Since Raji is a freind also, it will be better to go by her advice, I guess. I wish Krithika all the best and pray that she overcomes all her problems soon and joins main stream school soon. Do make her practise music well, she has a good future in that.

8. Varloo

Varloo Gold IL'ite

Dear Anitha,
    this thread about the selection of such so called reputed schools and about how we want to put our children in any of these schools- by hook or crook. I would suggest you to look for a good school near your home where your child will be given good attention, at least for the initial years.
    I think many suggestions are given by other members about the schools you have mentioned. Please go thro the other threads and then you can get an idea.
    All the best to the little on, I guess, the baby in the avatar.Cute baby.

9. Honeytha

Honeytha Senior IL'ite

Hi Varloo,

Thank u so much. ur guess is right it is my son, when he was 1 year.

Thanks for ur suggestion. Let me do the best for my childs education

10. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi padma,

Let us pray and also try to get the tc.(go to the school and request again. and also ask sankalp..if they can help as a special case..).somehow...forgot to send a buzz.but hope you have my other number..will send my mob number as sms...later...little busy..as son is not well..

dont allow her to feel targeted. If Raji feels that it is better, then now is the time..don't waste time..since krithi will be able to cope up right now than later in a higher class/a little older.......

Play good music to soothe her. and also ask her to sing. Play Asaveri which boosts self confidence. there is one piece by hariprasad chaurasia in asaveri that is soothing and will help..i believe music is a healer...

if i find it online will give you the link....

Let her play chess, it gives her the confidence to tackle others slowly...