1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Did You Spend Your Woman's Day

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by sunkan, Mar 9, 2008.

1. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

How did you spend your woman’s day? Do share here

I had flowers given by the guys in the house, my sons of course started this and all of a sudden a good plan to go out to give all the ladies a wonderful treat and off we went to
    “ZAIKA” a north Indian fair all the way..

even the sitting arrangement were such no guys sitting along with the ladies so the ladies on one side and the guys sitting opposite, nice fun it was, 7 on each side and the food mm I must say something different and good for a change,

It was my brother’s suggestion we go there, of course the drive was a long one up and down with a little traffic but otherwise good.
    For starters we had hariyali tikka, made with peas and some green veg along it was just the size of a sliced cucumber but with a good dip yogurt and pudina I think and wonderful to have, most places have started serving this dip, followed by stuffed potato which was fried in the jacket with a filling of panneer and capsicum and cut into four lengthwise and looked more orange and white filling tough to eat only then realized the potato jacket it still intact, then followed the spring rolls which I think Bangalore has started mastering the flavors of china well, with red chillie sauce, then we had some masala papad, that with garnishing of onions carrots and some coconut which was a little different with finely chopped green chillies…

For the main course we ordered the mixed rotis which we get in one tokri, that is a serving in cane basket, from ring parota, methi parotha, rumali roti, naan and plain roti, but the buttered phulkas were just melting in the mouth and wonderful with all the veg items..
    Among the veg were, paneer bhurji which is done like egg bhurji for those who do not know it is frying the onion and tomatoes along with green chillies or red chillie powder and then adding the egg, but here it was shredded paneer and different to taste, good I mean. Then we had methi mutter malai, yeah there was a lot of malai and I passed on the cream to ajit who can afford it, followed by, paneer palak, and I had ordered the dhal makhani, but it is only good in cauvery continental Cunningham road and not here, the large beans were less here so the flavor lacking, otherwise it was wonderful though we had ordered some fresh lime soda it came as we were into our food and the taste was blending.

We just could not go ahead for any sweets as this was just too full, and all enjoyed the roti and sabjis more, the very point of going somewhere is to get varieties at one go in a place. . To round it off we all had beeda paan that was served in the end on request and as we munched into and came out I must say we were flogged out and the drive back home was a cool one and relaxed.
    By the time we reached home as it was another long drive all were pretty drowsy…
    I wished all the guys a very big thank u for making a difference on this woman’s day.. SUNKAN

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Nice to know about the happenings around your place on Woman's Day!
    yummy menu....mmmmm....

Here the snowfall is at its best today, no way going out..nothing special on my side, except one more job of changing the time at our place, 1 hour ahead....starting sunday..

sriniketan

3. Malathijagan

Malathijagan Silver IL'ite

Dear Sundari,
    It was nice to know that you had a wonderful treat at “ZAIKA” a north Indian fair with all your people.
    I had a different sort of a woman's day out!It was my hubby's second weekend off. i made him sit at home to take care of my m-i-l ( who feels insecure staying home alone) and went to attend a function organised by SAKHI (an organisation for creating cancer awareness among people and to take care of people afflicted with cancer) at the Adyar Cancer institute.I represented my charitable organisation along with other office-bearers. It was an enriching evening with film stars like Gauthami, Sukanya and Radhika Sharat Kumar sharing their experiences. Gauthami said that she herself had been a cancer patient about two years ago and she had come out of it and so wanted to share with other such patients that they need not lose hope. Sukanya had lost her father to cancer and 8th March,2008, happened to be the first death anniversary of her beloved father. Radhika said that life was always full of problems and we needed to fight back and make life a beautiful experience. All the three touched the people's hearts by their experiences. On the whole we had a good evening spent.
    Regards,
    Malathi

4. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

wonderful malathi,
    lady like you are a window to indus here, and i wish all would come forward and open theirs here, nice way to spend woman's day...happy woman's day to u tooo...sunkan
    [​IMG]