How did you spend your Eid Holidays??

Discussion in 'Personal Services in Sharjah' started by daffodil, Dec 23, 2007.

1. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Dear Friends,

With the long weekend finally over, only to come back after a year.. let us cherish the wonderful days which we spent with our family/friends.

The Government/Public sector was closed for 7 days while the private sector was closed for 4-5 days.

Let me account for mine.

We were at Dubai for 3 days at a cousins place.

18th Dec - we were just browsing at Bur Dubai

19th Dec- We went to the Zabeel Park with other relatives accompanying us too.
    We had a good time at the park since we too became kids and were enjoying the rides.

20th Dec- we went to the Al Ain Zoo as my lil one is very fornd of watching the wildlife.
    The bird show is a must watch ( Missed it). Along with the other animals, the python is another breathtaking creature at the zoo. simply fascinating.

21st Dec- Back in Abu Dhabi

Lets see how many inputs we get from the other UAE IL's.
    C'mon ladies..... narrate your outings/shoppings/any must see places.

Cheers,
    Daffodil

2. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Hi Daffodil,

Here in Riyadh, my husband is having hols for 7 days. Will be back to work on tuesday.

A friend's family, who live in Yanbu, another city in westcoast of Saudi, came to our place. They stayed with us for 4 days. We had a nice time...they r our long time friends. I introduced that friend to IL and now she too is a member by the username jishanagu.

All of us are in Saudi only since few months ....so relatively new and got lot to explore..though there is not much.

On tuesday we went to a Al-Salam park...a huge well-maintained one with artificial lake and boating facilities. We roamed around for more than 2 hrs. Then went to a restaurant for lunch. Returned home at 11:30pm.

On wednesday in the evening it was time for window shopping in a shopping mall. of course bought a few odd things. returned home at about 11pm and had dinner at home.

Same on thursday...

On Friday it was time for them to see them off at the airport.
    Later that day, another ILite priya77, visited us...will write in detail about that visit in another post.

Yesterday, just lazing around. The climate has suddenly dipped and it was 8 degrees yesterday evening....so I guess we may not venture out today....anyway will let u know about in later posts.....

Hope I haven't bored u....

bye

3. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Hi saraswthi,

Sorry for the delay in replying.
    Good to hear that you has a nice time..
    park, boating, shopping... I could visualise myself accompanying you, although i dont know much bout u.
    Brr... must be geting really cold there with the temperature going down. Indus ladies is such a relief when it comes to staying indoors... i hope u agree with me.
    Its 19 C here in Abu dhabi, temperature will drop more in January.
    Nothing like our IL and a cuppa :coffee
    And lastly, you havent bored me with your post...
    Since i have enjoyed travelling with u thru your post.

Cheers,
    Daffodil

4. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

Yes Daffodil,

Its getting colder. Right now its 13 C. When I woke up it was 7 C. Much better now. But its just the beginning. Likely to get worse day by day.
    U R right...only IL and :coffee is perfect for us.Bu.............t, I don't take much coffee.

Bye

5. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

hi daffodil,

eid holidays were definttely a great break
    we went to burjuman 1 day
    another days some guests arrived
    then 1 day for cleaning
    balance is for rest and getting ready for the coming week to office
    how's zabeel park, im yet to visit
    are there lot of amusements for kids?

6. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Hi Saraswathi,

Its Tea too for me .. not coffee

7. daffodil

daffodil Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sujakalyan,

Zabeel park is a really must visit.. not only for kids but for us too.
    There are plenty of swings, slides, big play area and other stuff for kids
    Enough to keep them pretty occupied.
    We saw a lot of people playing badminton, football, antakshari, B-B-Q ing with their family/friends.
    Even we forgot ourselves and were see-sawing with kids..
    There is another park by the name of Mamzar park in Dubai.. That too is a good family park.
    Do try to visit whenever time permits.

Cheers,
    Daffodil

8. UshaV

UshaV New IL'ite

Hi friends,

We went to RAK this Eid Holidays. It was a hot spring with spa & massage facilities. Though we did not avail the spa etc, one could have hot, rather warm relaxing bath. If u know swimming, then its all the more fun. However, the hot spring/geyser area resembles a small swimming pool inside the buildings. Its well maintained with separate areas for gents and ladies. Fees for the same was Dhs 25/- per person.
    There is a park close by where the kids could enjoy.

It was a different experience compared to the usual mall visits..

Usha

9. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello friends
    Nice too know about everyones Eid holidays. Here too we had 5 days holidays so went to Dubai. A nice place to stay and especially to shop it was just great. we were there from 19th to 23rd. With one of my very close friend who stays in Bur dubai. Most of the time we spent in talking about all our old stuff was meeting them after 6 yrs it was just great seeing them. We all had a gala good time.
    Visited all the possible malls did shopping window shopping. We use to sit and talk till 3 or 4 in the morning and again wake up at 9 or 10a.m. The lovly food she cooked took us to the Bombay chat O.M.G. what a nice feast it was, had pani puri,shevpuri etc etc. yeh the sugarcane juice I was having this after a very long time it was just great.
    Visited the Gold market:eek:mg:they had skirt and top made of gold and the huge necklaces ............I don't know how these people wear them I heard that the arab woman wear them everydaybonk

Met another school friend but couldn't spend much time with her, she is christian and was busy with christmas and her daughter too was not well. But met her just for some time, met this friend too after 6yrs. It is so nice to meet friends............
    On 23rd evening back in the deserts of Egypt.

10. sowmyaraman81

sowmyaraman81 Gold IL'ite

Hiiii ALL….

We had 5 Days Off in Our Company….

On 18<SUP>th</SUP> , I went to a Christian Roce Function ”Mostly Mangalore Christians Do this function for the new Bride”
    Went there and enjoyed sooo much…my office team came here…(who was personally close to her)…:party

Snaps ENCLOSED

On 19<SUP>th</SUP>.., Dad ,Mum,Sis and new Born (My 2nd nephew) Came here to Dubai…..
    So Gottttt up sooooo Early Cooked Fud for All…..”FIRST time they all are tasting my Fud”..So Went to Airport, Picked them and was talking, talking to them….for long evening…

Ard 7 I took dad for walk to Lulu for purchasing….

On 20<SUP>th</SUP>…., Took All of them to MOE and Ibn Battuta Mall……

On 21<SUP>st</SUP>…, Went to sharjah Zoo and Discoveries Center…Awesome place…loads of Birds and Wildlife….My 1<SUP>st</SUP> Nephew like this place…so for him we went

On 22<SUP>nd</SUP>…., Spent at Home bought movies for all…Friends Came home in the morning…So had Gud Lunch….Made by my mother and slept for a while and Evening went to Karama Center……,Splash,Avenue….
    “Made sooooooo Much of Purchases as if I don’t have any dresses to wear for tomorrow”

Got Mum and Dad new Dresses…and for my nephews sume toys to play…..

Enjoyed,Enjoyed,Enjoyed….Like anything…..

THIS EID HOLS WAS TOTALLY MEMORABLE…

Attached Files: