1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Did You Meet Your Partner?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by DiyaKaur, Jul 13, 2016.

Tags:
  1. DiyaKaur

DiyaKaur New IL'ite

So I'm a British-Indian, Sikh female mid-20's and I'm trying to find a partner, which is proving more difficult than I imagined! I've tried looking online on the usual sites to no avail, and I've been introduced to the odd guy by family, but it's not amounted to anything.

And so I wanted to know, how you did you meet your partner? Was it arranged, was it love, did you go school or university together?

I've actually started a website dedicated to this topic and it would be really interested in reading how we met stories, and whether you'd be interested in sharing more widely for the single pringles out there like me :)

Best wishes,

Diya

madras2018 likes this.

2. leenarajaryan

leenarajaryan Silver IL'ite

Good thought.. I met my Hubby at a common friends house.
    By the way which is that Website...

3. DiyaKaur

DiyaKaur New IL'ite

Thanks for your reply :)

desilovelives.wordpress.com

I've also set up an Instagram with the same handle: desi_love_lives

I love reading stories about relationships - especially desi relationships, because they aren't the usually the run of the mill stuff!

I'm trying to meet someone myself - and this idea came to me haha. I thought it would just be nice to have a site dedicated to sharing stories like this, because it usually gets shoved under the carpet!

Angel121 likes this.
  4. SGBV

SGBV IL Hall of Fame

Met him at my first work place. He was a junior manager, when I joined there as an intern.

5. DiyaKaur

DiyaKaur New IL'ite

In all the places I've worked, I've never been lucky enough to come across any guys who aren't old enough to my granddad lol Are you married now?

6. tulip07

tulip07 Bronze IL'ite

I met my husband on Orkut (like there is facebook now ;) ). Its amazing how you can connect with 'nice' people online! We are together since 8 years now and happily married since 3 and half :D

7. DiyaKaur

DiyaKaur New IL'ite

I've just googled Orkut, I had no idea something like this existed pre-facebook. And I think online is the way forward, I know a couple of people that had luck on Shaadi.com, but I haven't been as lucky lol. I've tried to inbox you, but have no idea how to?

8. tulip07

tulip07 Bronze IL'ite

Hello Diya! Orkut is entirely different than shaadi.com :D I personally don't believe in arranged marriages.

I am not sure how to send a message either :nut:

9. curtainsdown

curtainsdown Silver IL'ite

Arranged marriage. In Birla Mandir Hyderabad. :)

10. DiyaKaur

DiyaKaur New IL'ite

Probably different in a good way :tearsofjoy: I'm not sure where I stand on arranged marriages, I think as long as long as it doesn't involve settling - it could work, but I know a fair few people who have married someone they don't love - all because it's the 'done' thing in your twenties! Because getting married and being unhappy, is better than being happy and alone lol?

I know right, you'd think it would be straightforward to send a message haha. Would you be interested in sharing your story and thoughts on my site: desilovelives.wordpress.com :)

RajanGoyal likes this.