How did you get to know about IndusLadies Site?

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by Lotus007, Sep 7, 2007.

1. bliss 1

bliss 1 New IL'ite

Re: How did you get to know about IndusLadies The Site...

Hi ILites, I came to know of IL thru Rekha Ram. Though not posting much, I go thru all the threads that has been started so far.... IL is very very informative, interactive and interesting :iagree

2. Lotus007

Lotus007 Senior IL'ite

Thanks Bliss1 for posting here. You seem to be like me, i read the threads but have not time to post much due to my extreme busy schedules.

3. Lotus007

Lotus007 Senior IL'ite

Hi Aruna,
    Its really nice to know that you always keep yourself logged in IL and read all the threads. Its really encouraging to have such viewers.

Thanks for posting your reply here.

4. Eljaype

Eljaype Bronze IL'ite

Hi,

I saw this thread only now and that too via Finer posts.

I have mentioned this before, I think at the thread "Who am I ?" . I came through Ammas.com. I was rating responses there when I saw someone had given a link to Chitvish's recipes. I came here to check it out.

From then on, I am addicted to IL like you all. But I do not get time to post as much I would like to. I feel very very sorry about that. But I also have got my share of very good friends here.

Love
    Latha

5. mslakshmi

mslakshmi Senior IL'ite

Hi all IL Members
    I came to know through GOOGLE search and it seems v v interesting n that too our indian lady started this site. It is giving more info n solving somany problems too and is helpful to everyone. After going thru all this I want to join n joined immediately.

Thanks
    MSL

6. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks a lot, Lotus, for this novel idea. And thanks for making me travel backwards in time.

Thanks Veda for coming to this site on account of my story. I am happy that my story attracted you to this site.

For me also it was only my story that attracted me to the site. I joined the community in its infant stages, when there were less than a hundred members. IL was born on 29th March, 2005 and I joined in June 2005.

I was searching the web with my pen name, Varalotti. I saw my story being discussed in the site. One ILite by name Sakthi had posted my story The Promise (published in Deccan Herald on 27th July,2003). I registered myself as Varalotti and told the organisers about the story. The story is still there in the site.

Malathy invited me to write more. And I posted my second story The Scar. IL announced the very first contest. Whichever thread got the maximum views and replies (combined) was to get the first prize. The Scar was open only for a week in June 2005 and got the prize. Ironically the first ever prize in an all-womens site went to a man. Malathy send me some cute pieces of handicraft which still adorn our drawing room.

The contest was to be continued the next month. I wrote to Malathy, that I being a writer, should not be included in the contest, as I had some 100 published stories on hand. That would be an unfair competition to the gracious ladies. Malathy agreed. And then created a forum for my stories. The rest is history.

I had the rare privilege of watching this site grow from less than 100 members to some 12000 plus members today. The home page, the interface, the connection speed and site quality - everything improved over a period of time. I know very well that Malathy had to face many tough choices in administering the site. She has handled her work creditably. Her leadership is one factor that has inspired me to contribute the best to this site and its members. Jey joining her has strengthened the leadership of IL.

I thank you lotus for reviving my nostalgic memories.

While signing off I pray the Almighty should bless Malathy, Jey, the site and all its members with every thing that's good.

May our community grow from strength to strength.

Love,

7. ramalav

ramalav New IL'ite

Hi Lotus,
    Thanks for starting this thread. I came to know abt this site through Indira's Mahanandi ie www.nandyala.org. I like IL very much since its has many more stuffs than jus' informative.

Rama

8. mslakshmi

mslakshmi Senior IL'ite

Thanks Lotus

I hv seen this site thru' Google n felt v happy.

Really u r doing a grt service. I appreciate this. I am unable to express my thoughts due to over joy. Thanks once again.

M S Lakshmi

9. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I came to know this site through indiaparenting.com and tarladalal.com
    cheers,
    latha

10. suya

suya New IL'ite

I was browsing thru net for some information about beauty tips. In this process I have come across lot of sites, but I found this site to be very interesting and having lot of information especially for indian ladies. I started visiting it regularly.

I thank IL team for creating such a wonderful site.