How did you come up with your username?

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by Induslady, Apr 8, 2007.

1. sanumababy

sanumababy New IL'ite

hi folks,
    uma again wanting 2 share my short 1 line story with u all regarding my username.
    sanumababy was created by my hubby when i was pregnant,in 2003.
    its simple,san=santosh,uma=my name n baby=our baby who was inside.we dint know that it was a girl or boy....so we called it baby
    thus "sanumababy" was created.
    regards
    uma or sanumababy:rotfl :clap

2. rajmiarun

rajmiarun Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    Though I am Rajameenakshi and called as Rajam, Meena or Meenakshi all along my school and college and in full as Rajameenakshi or RMI by my parents and brother and as Rajmee by one another cousin, it was my husband who called me Rajmi first and all my in-laws and other relatives of my husband side(now in my maternal side too) started calling me and reffering me so. And I added Arun as short for Arunachalam to that name of Rajmi. And so I became RajmiArun

3. gokusha

gokusha IL Hall of Fame

Hi,

This was really interesting topic running over here,.

My name is USHA..my hubby name is gokulakrishnan...Actually this was selected by my hubby before our wedding, after engagement for creating one common mail ...i felt very touching...like to refer me in same way in most of the forum....

So thats the story behind "GOKUSHA"......

regards,
    usha

4. srilak

srilak Senior IL'ite

umm....interesting thread.

My user ID is simple. My name is srilakshmi. So I took the first 6 words as my user Id. In additinon to that my husband name is srinivas So it is like srinivas lakshmi.

basically, I added my name and husbend's name.Not that interesting story but I like my userid. Because it sounds modern unlike old name as srilakshmi.

If I have to give name to my kids, I will probably give them modern names as a combination of east and west and also like anjalinea joli...I will add my name to their middle name.....May be not....so weired thinking...I hope my husbend will agree.

regards
    srilak.

5. geeveein

geeveein New IL'ite

dear all

I wanted my husbands and my sons name to be included. geeveein= geetha,vee=vishnu and vaidyanathan , in= india(mera bharath mahaan) got it
    geetha:wave

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2007
  6. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi all,
    My username is a combo of my name Janani and both my daughter's names Sai Krithi, Sai Sanjiti.

Janani

7. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Hi friends,
    My name is Bhargavi. When i first typed my name, it was not accepted because there was already a member in that name. Then I tried-sri- which means Goddess Lakshmi and also it is the first three letters of my husband's name. His name is Srinivasan. It was not accepted for the second time also for the same reason. But I wanted to keep 'sri' in my screen name. Then I thought of my house in Chennai which was named "sriniketan"-- as you all know it means where Goddess Lakshmi lives. What a coincidence! even my husband's name means the same. So I selected my screen name and it was accepted.

Sriniketan

8. pavithrasriram

pavithrasriram Bronze IL'ite

hi all,
    its so nice to read the story behind ur screen names!!!!!mine is simple and straight its just mine n my hubbys name together...
    luv
    pavithra

9. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Hi,
    My username is my name Janani put togther with my children's name. Looking at all your innovative thoughts maybe i should have given it more of a twist.
    Bye,
    Janani

10. Padmash

Padmash Platinum IL'ite

hi,

today first time i saw this thread its so good i was really thinking how all of u got such wonderful id chatkara ytasty gokusha srilak sriniket when i saw sriniket i thought male member. so nice u shared how u got ur id. my name is Padmawati and my husband's is Gopal i tried to create id for me in Chennai combining these two names i couldn't get any acct then we thought to put place name Tiruvottiyur where we used to stay in chennai so tvt taken from that and i got padmatvt at yahoo.

bye
    padma