How did you come up with your username?

Discussion in 'New Member Area' started by Induslady, Apr 8, 2007.

1. SSelvie999

SSelvie999 New IL'ite

well my name is selvie .the s in front is my dad's initial and my birthday is the 18 so added up comes to9 and there are 3sakthis so three 9s
    my dad and I were so close eventhough it is decades that he passed away I still miss my dad so much.I was his little girl.
    my pappa was a great wise man with so much of knowledge.
    till to date I use the tape that he recorded the mantras for our navarathri
    kollu.I still keep kollu every year in sydney. my brothers and sister still
    do observe the rituals. I like singing the mahaletchumy song with maa ellai and toram. I hang the maa leaves but cant get the toram so i use artifial ones
    I do a bit of kollam during auspicious days not everyday.

2. vidhyasc

vidhyasc New IL'ite

Hi,

Thats my name. I just wanted to have my original identity for indus ladies also.

3. Jayshreet

Jayshreet New IL'ite

Hello friends,

My username jayshreet ,stands of course first my name "Jayshree" and "T" has multirepresentation .First it is the starting letter of my hubby's name,secondly it is also the letter with which my maternal as well as inlaws family title start with .

I have never chosen it with some extra efforts ,it just clicked at the time of filling in the new entry,but going thru the differnt post I realised that this certainly is my identity

Hope I'm not cracking y'll s head

Still new member

bye Jayshreet

4. helatariq

helatariq New IL'ite

my user name is a mix of my nick name and my husband's name, i was born in a village of saudi arabia( its now a big costal city) where some bedouine women called me hela,in fact it is very rare name.

5. malli200

malli200 Bronze IL'ite

My user name usually starts with a few letters of my name. My name is mallika so it is always malli for short. It is also easy to remember, besides having an idenditiy on your own.

6. muthasreeni

muthasreeni New IL'ite

Im gng to marry sreeni, so i used his name along with my name. So i can easily remember the user name. I have diff user name for diff sites, So for my remembarance i use this as mu username

7. manivasuki62

manivasuki62 New IL'ite

hi
    this is my full name.I am a housewife

8. bhanuleo

bhanuleo Silver IL'ite

Hi,
    GoodEvening all,
    My name is Santhosh bhavani.
    I like the short names which are called by my freinds i.e.. bhanu or santhu, both I tried but it was not accepting.
    So my Zodiac sign is leo. And I am very proud to be a leo. It has many good srengths. so I added it beside bhanu.

:arrow:And i.e... bhanuleo.
    :goodidea:

Last edited: May 8, 2009
  9. Kr33na

Kr33na New IL'ite

Hi

Its three years since i havent used my english in both writing or reading
    so, sorry if i aint writing okay.....

my nickname is an indian name

i dont hate it or love itit; just came throught my head when i signed up in yahoo

Take care

10. taruni

taruni New IL'ite

Hi!
    As I was trying to create a userId for IL, it was rejecting every single one that I came up with, including my actual name. I thought, well, what does "Indus Lady(ies)" stand for in any of the indian languages? Sanskrit being the mother of all indian languages, it represents India (Indus), so to speak. In sanskrit, one of the words for "lady" is "taruni". Fortunately, it was accepted by IL for a userId... and, I always loved that name anyway...:)

It was nice and interesting to read some of the posts on how they came up with their userIds.

Thanks,
    Taruni