1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Did You Choose Your Foundation?

Discussion in 'Face & Skin Care' started by blindpup10, Nov 7, 2016.

1. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Right now I use Mac cosmetics- pro-long wear liquid foundation. It oxidizes and, makes me look a bit darker than my actual complexion.

I am thinking of changing to Estee Lauder or Coverfx.
    I have oily skin type, therefore prefer liquid foundation.

Any thoughts on the above brands mentioned? How did you choose your foundation? Do you have one for winter and summer?

KashmirFlower likes this.

2. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

Though not against the use of cosmetics...but I personally don't use any except a moisturizer...

3. idonthatemylife

idonthatemylife Silver IL'ite

Hi, I went through the same thing when i used MAC cosmetics.Bobbi Brown products are widely recommended for Indian/Brown people.I tried and it worked.Although i have stopped using cosmetics altogether is a different story.

4. pumpkin01

pumpkin01 Platinum IL'ite

Before buying any foundation it is better to visit a store and test it on yourself ....... also put the tester on your hand and come out to the sunlight or away from the store light if possible that sometimes deceives...

5. blindpup10

@dc24- that really is good. I wish I can go back to the stage of not wearing makeup still look beautiful. I have so much uneven tone.
    @idonthatemylife- I will give it a shot. Have you used MAC body and face foundation? Did you like it? I tried it, I love it, but with oily skin- my face glows in T-zone. So.. hmmm I am gonna not say I love it but I am not sure about it.
    @pumpkin01- Yes, that a good suggestion. I will do it next time. :thumbup:

6. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

@blindpup10, you have to get a foundation one shade lighter than your complexion because all foundations, including bb/cc creams, oxidize. MAC and Estee Lauder Double Wear are great, CoverFx not so much. Nowadays, I'm using Vichy Dermablend, it gives a matte finish, stays long, and has spf30.

blindpup10 likes this.
  7. blindpup10

Thanks momsky- I will seriously send my loot (got a few powder /face and body) and get a lighter shade. I also tried powder foundation !! I am in love with it!! It gives matte finish and especially for my skin it holds up for the entire day.
    Do you use powder foundation ?

momsky likes this.
  8. momsky

momsky Gold IL'ite

I love powder foundation too, esp. when I feel lazy to blend or when I'm in a rush in the morning. I've been loyal to MAC Studio Fix powder since I was 20 :D. These days, however, I'm into semi-matte/ slightly dewy look so only using the liquid foundation. I use both liquid and powder at night for special occasion.

Which powder foundation are you using?

blindpup10 likes this.
  9. blindpup10

Mac :hearteyes:
    There is something about Mac which makes it easy to Fall in love with. Mac doesn't get my acne's flared up even with make up for more than 8 hours.

momsky likes this.
  10. dc24

dc24 Gold IL'ite

For even skin tone...you can massage your face with almond oil every night before going to sleep.
    For ever fresh n vibrant skin....i just add few drops of rose water to my moisturizer.

blindpup10 likes this.