1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How did this Pattern get Established?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sweety127, Sep 9, 2015.

1. sweety127

sweety127 Gold IL'ite

Hi all,

I see many ladies saying that they cook, clean and do all the chores at home apart from going office and bringing home a paycheck. Whereas the H sits and watches TV, eats, and do things he wants to..Trouble increases when in joint family.:shaking:
    In my friend’s case, a pattern was established by HER right after marriage. She herself got up at 4.30 AM, prepared bf, lunch, tea for all, ironed the clothes of all and left to work travelling 30 kms using public transport at 7.30 AM in the morning whereas all her H did was go to gym, come back and start to office which is few minutes away..When questioned she told she did everything out of love! MIL who was cooking till the previous day not only stopped entering into the kitchen but also sent the maid home! Today she is no longer my dear friend she used to be.:thumbsdown

The case is worse if all the tasks are assigned to the DIL.:bang.To those DILs, Didn’t you show the slightest resentment on your face while doing it all or show your displeasure to H?

If he is unable to help, he should at least appoint a maid and cook to help his darling wife and tell his mom to help DW out..If this amount of fairness is also not there in a marriage then whats the point of love and the very institution of marriage where there is no empathy?

Also ladies start losing their charm with this much responsibilities surrounding them. The once bubbly, happy girl whom the H loved to bits gradually turns into a nagging quarrelsome wife. Note that H never loved us for our housekeeping skills. He loved us for our character, looks, smile, figure etc what not. She stops taking care of herself in pursuit of winning H’s love whereas the H remains the same and wonders what happened to the wife. The more she demands his time, the more he stays aloof..At the end all the love is broken to pieces..Who is the reason,” It is WE girls”.

So some possible solutions:

1) Take care of yourself at any cost...threading, occasional facials and wearing a sunscreen, lip gloss and kajal does wonders. Dress well for office as well as at home..Eat healthy and on time.

2) Keep a maid for cleaning else buy sophisticated items like washing machine, dishwasher, robotic floor cleaner, juicer, roti maker etc to make your life simple. Don’t expect H to buy it for you do it yourself one by one. Only dishwasher is costly all others can be bought within 10,000/-

3) If H is a baby who doesn’t lift a finger, assign him all the tasks inside your room. In my case, he has to fold the bed sheets, clean our laptop table and fold the clothes into the wardrobe. Also mobile charging, vehicle maintenance, bill payments can be assigned to him. I have no time to hang out with him so the only outing we go is for grocery and vegetable marketing.

4) If you stay in JF, just be a spectator of how the house runs in the initial days and assign yourself the tasks you are comfortable with..In my case, for cooking, though I cook well, I never take the risk of proving my love. I do volunteer to help MIL..The day she feels she cant cook anymore or tired, I will appoint a cook.

5) Sleep well. If you have the habit of waking up a bit late don’t change it at any cost. I was criticized for this in the initial days. But I stuck onto my schedule of 7.00 AM during weekdays and 9:00 A M during weekends

6) If you have some hobby stick onto it no matter what. If you read paper, novels or practice singing don’t give excuses that you find no time after marriage. Make time for yourself

7) If you have pain tells it openly instead of keeping mum and expecting people to ask you. Take rest the chores can wait.

Ladies chill out Chillout!We have got only one life and we have to make it beautiful..Gracious ladies do share your views/ tips for a better peaceful lifestyle for today’s women..

2. adinil

adinil Silver IL'ite

wowwwwwwwww:wow

1 person likes this.
  3. Archana11

Archana11 Silver IL'ite

mademydaysmiley:thankyou2:

1 person likes this.
  4. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Spot on. Stop trying for the dil medal.
    You are newly married.Enjoy life.Get up with husband and go to that gym he goes to .
    Yes,mil needs to be relieved of her duties...let every one,specially her children start taking care of her first.Stop being a service provider. Try to be a family member,just like the others are. Don't try to replace mil,specially if you are working for a paycheck. What are you supergirl?

Yes mil needs help...you don't have to be the only one to provide that. You are the last person to enter that family .You should not be the first one to fulfil everyones expectations.
    Take your time to enjoy your new life.

sindmani, mamsharma, kcb and 12 others like this.
  5. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

Rightly said.. women try to become ultimate service providers and then cry that no one values them! Every suggestion is practical.. will try to implement some more in my life (apart from the ones i'm already doing :D)

1 person likes this.
  6. beingloved

beingloved Gold IL'ite

YM.. lovedddd these two lines specifically:clap

4 people like this.
  7. angeldreams

angeldreams Gold IL'ite

Hi Dear ,

I think this is Ok with newly wed...All others like me...dont think we can change the existing pattern....can u suggest any ways we can change existing patterns...faintingsmiley

2 people like this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Some one in my family did this.

She joined the JF .She was working full time .She started of being exactly like her husband. Got up late ,ate breakfast and left for job. Came back for dinner. She got called names but she did not bother. She made husband help her clean up her room with her. Made him run around for stuff like dry cleaning while she helped with making salad and raita. She was called names but she did not care.

The family is well off to employ some help for mil.If they did not care till now,why this sudden need for her to be relieved.

They went nuclear after a year...in another city.She kept a maid and a part time cook.She made her husband help with breakfast and dinner. They had cook for weekends.It is working well for her even after a child in the picture.

But for this,you have to have the guts to be the 'bitch ' and not care about what people including your own parents say.It is not easy.

Starkgirl, sindmani, seekout and 18 others like this.
  9. Priya16

Priya16 IL Hall of Fame

what is your schedule looks like???

1 person likes this.
  10. Ragini25

Ragini25 Platinum IL'ite

If you find household a problem, simple solution is Dont Marry till you find someone who is aligned with your thought process. Else you will break your head being a bitch, he will be fighting with you. Needless mess.

Its no fun, trying to establish rules ans boundaries, it can be done but not fun, instead stay single and sleep your days (until you find whoever works out ok for you).

There are lots of people for whom the things you wrote are not a big headache and we can manage a home and work atleast partially decently. So let us marry the "trouble DH" and you can continue search for your modernized indian appliance err partner. Just dont marry desperately and then get into a "i need to establish i am a bitch" position, coz its a tough spot to be in. Not fun for you, not fun for him. Let him marry the other appliances err us <foolish/weak/superwomen/insert -fav-label> women, and live happy lol, and you can peacefully continue the "i will not wake any earlier than 7am or 9am coz thats how i wake up" routines.

3 people like this.