How did people in India react to your R2I?

Discussion in 'Return to India' started by anika987, Jun 20, 2014.

1. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

I was chatting with a friend in India that i will br r2i probably this yr end or next yr start

she was like" i knew u will come back.Many NRI's do that.nothing like India.U have wasted so many yrs abroad.we hear NRI's complaining abt it all the time.time to come back home"

she always feels NRI's are show-offs!!

I was quite offended when i was told I had wasted life,show-off's etc.sure we miss certain things abt our country but does not mean one has wasted life..

we r able to think of the little joys india has to offer ONLY because the bigger things r easily taken care in the usa.

another probs is NRI's complaining when they get back saying usa was boring etc etc which Obviously makes our Indian friends in India think we have wasted life.I do not think i will say anything negative about our adapated country anymore or when I get back to India.

how did people react to ur R2I?

2. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

Do not waste your time listening..

We had someone even saying we moved back because my husband lost his job... Everyone use their brain and come up with their own reason why YOU moved.

NOTE:- Advice is for others. I could not keep myself away from cluttering my brain with all those comments and ended up moving back to US as refugees :)

3. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

u moved back justanothermom?

how was the experience when r2i?

4. pantu

pantu Gold IL'ite

No we have not wasted our lives by staying here in USA. Anyway ,we were born on earth we have to stay on earth some where ,so we are staying . Yes, I also would like to go back to India because that's where I was born.
    Some ppl say US is boring ,because they feel lonely. But in my opinion the difference is culture. Indian mindset is different than US mindset. If you go back ppl will say whatever suit them. Generally ppl choose the bad ones first to tell for others.

5. FromMars

FromMars Gold IL'ite

Those people who comment ill about the life in USA, want to feel good about their choices of staying in India( either chosen themselves or given to them ). Same can be said about people who live in USA and decide to stay here.

Ultimately todays newspapers will end up in tomorrow's dustbins. They will move on to gossiping something else tomorrow. Unless someone has walked in your shoes, they will not know your reality.

Let people tell whatever they want, you choose what is right for you and ignore everything else.

6. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

I moved back for good . My experience is in the first sentence. :)

3 people like this.
  7. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

she was like" i knew u will come back.Many NRI's do that.nothing like India.U have wasted so many yrs abroad.we hear NRI's complaining abt it all the time.time to come back home"

Is the above what u mean justanothermom?

Last edited: Jun 20, 2014
  8. heron

heron Platinum IL'ite

OTHER people always have ready made judgements for whatever happens in YOUR life. why?,because they can.

Just say no to this nonsense, you must have answered " How do you know that I wasted my life here?"....

2 people like this.
  9. cinderella06

cinderella06 Platinum IL'ite

Brinda you should have replied back her like, " it doesn't mean we have wasted our life, we experienced many new things and learned a lot about different culture and lifestyle. Altogether it's a good experience. And you can say its a extended abroad family vacation ;-)" now you are ready to enjoy with friends and family in India.
    Dont give much importance to their comments. As the above posters said, people need something to chew all day, some gossips which boost their ego or jealously. If you let them know you are giving importance to their talks, then they will talk more nonsense to irritate you. So next time cut off the speech abruptly or give some good nose cut.

3 people like this.