1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Child Pick Up Threads

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Thyagarajan, Sep 8, 2022.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

How Child Pick Up Threads

upload_2022-9-8_15-2-50.jpeg

Positive suggestions and advise in suggestive manners work wonders in any learning or and working environment. But in human mind, negative seems to have dominant place and that is why one finds enormous resistance to change.
    I remember to have studied a book on transaction analysis in which it is stated that every person has qualities of child, adult & parent. The book “I AM OK YOU ARE OK “ relates to this. I'm OK – You're OK is a 1967 self-help book by psychiatrist Thomas Anthony Harris. It is a practical guide to transactional analysis as a method for solving problems in life. The book made the New York Times Best Seller list in 1972
    and remained there for almost two years.
    It is worth reading to learn how to respond to situations
    without losing patience and avoid surging of blood.

It carries knacks and hacks for Mothers & dads for nurturing children too!

Yumna, messedup and vidhyalakshmid like this.

2. HariLakhera

HariLakhera Platinum IL'ite

I am aware of this book but have not read it.
    As for child-rearing, it is a tough job. There are parents and there are parents. One set of parents gives all the time they have. Other sets of parents have only 'quality' time. Some children grow up in baby care homes. Some grow on the pavements. The boy in the best parental care becomes a brat for the rest of his life where everything is taken for granted. The child on the pavement makes a positive mark in society.
    I think the real conditioning starts when the child comes to a stage to walk and talk. This is the time when he or she should be guided on how and what to talk and walk.
    Now the children have smartphones or tablets in their hands where they are watching games.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  3. Thyagarajan

Very true sir. We have an adage in tamil meaning
    "that if one's backbone doesn't flex/bend when he or she is 5 years old (i.e. If one don't exercise and make it flexible), the person cannot flex it at the age of 50. ஐந்தில் வளையாதது, ஐம்பதில் வளையாது"

HariLakhera likes this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Respect every profession

Because each profession has a role to play in society, and just because you have what you consider being a “better job” than, for example, a street cleaner, you never know if he's as happy, if not even happier, with his “disgusting” job as you are with yours.

Where I worked there was a bachelor named Hanuman. He has been cleaning the streets of that area for 26 years.
    Every day we greet each other and sometimes, when my staff finishes late and I have to wait for them, I speak to him.
    The passion he has for his job was inspiring and he loves it more than anything else.
    Every day, he gets to talk to the residents in the area, and he befriended many of them.
    He also made friends in the shops that give him goodies and allow him to use the toilets. Even bus drivers and lorry drivers that deliver to the local shops and supermarkets horn when they see him.

He is always ready to help, his energy is always up without the need for coffee or an energy drink, he's always smiling and in a good mood. I can't say the same about myself.

Many consider his job to be disgusting or for those who can't do anything with their lives.
    Far from it. He chose a job that fits his needs and when he finally retires, he'll be perfectly comfortable for the rest of his days.
    Here's another example of a looked down upon job that really shouldn't be:
    Respect others, not only so they respect you, but because you don't know their story, who they are, and what makes them happy.

(Best read from my reads)​