1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

How can one stay motivated

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by modernwoman, Jun 1, 2010.

1. modernwoman

modernwoman Senior IL'ite

Hi
    I want to loose the fat around my waist.I am 35+ and hate myself when I look at the fat hanging out.My problem is I am not fat and my hands are slim but all the fat is around my tummy.I guess I have what is called "skinny fat".
    I have been reading the posts and am amazed how can all of you do 300 crunches .I can barely do 25 and after 300 crunches are you sweating.
    With the weights i get tired at 2 sets of 10 that too with 5 lb dumbbell.s
    How can I loose the fat.I still look 3-4 months pregnant and hate it when people ask if I am expecting

2. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

Hi modernwoman,

Welcome to IL. Hope this is your first post ever here.

I can very well associate with your situation as Ive been there. Since your hands are slim and you are not fat, consider these as your plus points. You need to focus on your tummy which means it needs lot of toning up.Is this tummy from your pregnancy, 1st or 2nd? As you are 35+ it will take some time for the tummy to tuck in. If you could discuss your daily exercise routine,i could help you with this.
    Are you a working or homemaker mom?

3. modernwoman

modernwoman Senior IL'ite

Hi
    I am a working woman and mother of 2 kids.I have 2 C-sections .I also have a lot of extra skin in my tummy guess reason is after 2 pregnancies.

I try to workout atleast 3 times a week for 40 mins.They consist of cardio or weights.​

4. pman16

pman16 Platinum IL'ite

I too had 2 c-secs. Your exercise seems to be good. You need to focus a little bit on your diet. Even if you are exercising but if you do not pay attention to diet then you will not see result. Why dont you move to Shiva's thread in this forum so that you will get better help and support from everyone there.

You do bending exercised at home. Start with simple count of 20 daily and increase it every 2 days. If possible try suryanamaskar it is also very effective.

5. geevee68

geevee68 Platinum IL'ite

Weight reduction will take time.Nothing happens overnight.
    You have started your exercises.Keep at it without fail.Motivation has to come from you only.Join our exercise group here in the thread "workout daily...".When you have to post your workouts daily,that itself will be a motivation.

geevee