1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

HOW CAN I HELP MY SIL.....Learn drving the car???

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by Sunny3, Jan 14, 2010.

1. samay100

samay100 New IL'ite

So sweet of you..

Is it possible to continue driving when your brother sits with her for few months and years... also try many different driving routes, crowded, empty roads.. also, try to play her favorite music while she drives so that she can relax and drive without giving a second thought....

Also, try to get lessons from professional driving school even if it cost more... more she will drive with unknown people, more she can get confident... Good luck!

2. Pavarun

Pavarun Silver IL'ite

Does it have to do anything with her dad's road accident? Sometimes people have these kind of panic attacks and phobia after an accident or a similar traumatic event. I would start with her doctor, and get a referral to a professional.

3. Sunny3

Sunny3 New IL'ite

She had taken so many driving lessons in the past. Thanks ars for responding.

Thank you so much Tashidelek.
    After I read your response I called up brother and told him, he says he will contact insurance about a psychiatrist and get appointment.
    Lets see what happens. I hope to hear something positive now.

They have tried that so many times and with brother besides she has no problem. And for driving lessons, in the past she had taken so many of them.
    Thanks samay for your response.

You have said exactly what I have been also thinking all these years. She was 10 when her dad died of road accident and 2 times she told me about it and I could see the sorrow and fear in her eyes. It devastated her. Both her brother and sister are much older to her and by the time this incident happened her brother was in college and sister in high school so she was kind of dad's princess.
    Brother will try for psychiatrist appt, he said. I am hoping for some positive outcome.
    Thank you pavarun for your response.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2010