1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Can I Forget My First Love - Part II

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by malspie, Oct 1, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

How Can I Forget My First Love - Part II

Manila did not find any difficulty in locating the office. The receptionist was warm, peon had a weary look and she could see all heads towards her. There were few men hanging in the receptionist to catch a glimpse of her. She was served tea and water. The wait was endless 45 minutes as Mr Fardeen, the Partner was on an international call. There weren’t competitors around. She was relaxed. Peon beckoned at her to proceed. She opened the cabin door, a young guy greeted her, “Morning, please be seated, sorry, to keep you waiting, I am Fardeen, I was on a call”, He came to the point straight, “Are you fresher, graduate from..,” Manila passed on her testimonials to him. He quickly browsed through her credentials and was impressed. There was silence in the cabin, he looked at her for a few seconds, Manila hoped to grab the opportunity, like every enthusiastic fresher raring to go. “Our jobs involve lots of documentation and they require experienced hands, your credentials show you are intelligent and the confidence on your face reveals you are eager to achieve”, “Sir, you are right, but to achieve, I need a platform to perform, I can understand that you would not be interested in paying me for learning, but, I can assure you that I will pick up very fast,” He was impressed with her talk as she could see a small curve on his lips. He called a thin bean stalk like woman inside, “Lucy, please take her and check on her Computer and mathematical abilities, give her the test too,” “Manila, all the best, we have a policy where you may have to give few tests before you qualify yourself for the post,” Manila was taken to the conference room, it was a large room with a seating capacity of 100. She perched herself on a chair near the door, “ Lucy seemed to be a reserved person, “You will be given 30 minutes for the aptitude test and later you may have to display your skills on the computer, for scrambling you can use a plain sheet which we would be provided to you. Do you need any tea or coffee,” “Cup of tea please”. Manila looked around in the Conference Room, it was cold out there. She was not nervous as she had given many bank exams and aptitude tests were game for her. Lucy walked in 10 minutes later with a booklet, “Please write your name and date. Your time starts now, all the best Manila,” bang went the door. The door opened again and she could smell tea. The test was not tough; she finished it in 23 minutes and looked out for Lucy. Few heads in the office were in whispers, she could sense that some of them were giving her stealing glances too. She felt like a queen bee. Lucy, was throwing attitude around, she guided her to a computer and was judged on her skills. “Please be seated in the reception, we would call you”. Manila hopped on the leather couch at the reception. The young lady at the reception, gave her a warm smile. The atmosphere in the office was warm and friendly. There were no loud exchange of conversations, they walk up to the desk of the person whom they want to talk to or call on intercom. Manila guessed may be the boss does not like them gossiping during office hours. Manila, prayed to grab the job, she liked the boss, the office, the crowd, the distance was O.K. too, what more could she ask for.. Now only salary is a matter, but since she was a fresher, she had no big demands. “Manila, please follow me”, said Lucy. “We are happy with your test results, we would like to select you for the post. You will be paid a stipend Rs.7,000 per month and you will not be entitled to any perks or other benefits which our employees enjoy. You will be on training on six months, on probation for another six months, later we may absorb you in the organization depending on your performance report, if you agree to these conditions, we may issue an offer letter to you”, said Fardeen with a smile. Manila was thrilled, she agreed to the terms and grabbed the opportunity. She promised to join from the 1st of coming month. Her journey began………

to be continued......... :wave :wave :wave :wave

1 person likes this.

2. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Waiting for the rest of the story....
    by the way, your Avatar is wonderful, Mals!
    Sriniketan

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi mals,

Good IInd part...............waiting for the rest............:clap

4. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

Waiting for the next part, liked this one.

5. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Janani,

Next part is already posted...

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Sri,

My Awatar is Dagdusheth Ganapati of Pune..... Very famous.... like Lalbaugh Ka Raja. Next part is posted....

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Shanthi,

Part III is posted. Thanks for reading my simple story.....

8. phenox

phenox Silver IL'ite

9. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Getting interesting... will cont in your next post...

Shanti

10. saarang

saarang Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Good one. Waiting for the next one!!!