1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Can I Forget My First Love – Story - Part III

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by malspie, Oct 2, 2007.

1. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

How Can I Forget My First Love – Story - Part III

It was a happy atmosphere at Manila’s home, she had carried sweets and they switched on to the music and danced merrily.

Manila’s first day in office was cool. Her boss greeted her warmly. Tony did not seem to like her, may be she had a wrong notion about him. Subash Patil was helpful though he was partial to Maharashtrians. Manohar was jovial, he had cracked a joke to impress her. Vanessa hit along well with her. She decided to gel more with Vanessa to understand the culture of the office. Chitra was in her department, who could not speak Hindi or Marathi and everyone was making fun out of her. She was good at her work and finally that’s what matters. Manila realized that Chitra was not too good in English too, how come she passed those aptitude tests… God, why am I pondering so much, she slapped herself. Peon Hyder seems to be a dry fish, Hetal was always giggling, Lalitha was not talkative. The work on her table was few, Chitra would quickly come to guide her. Chitra was aware that people are mocking at her, but, it did not matter much to her too. Her boss was happy and so was she, of course her body language showed that she was not comfortable with the staff. Manila was in her favourite Orange Salwar Suit. Her intercom buzzed, “Manila” “Fardeen here, Can you come in, please”, “Yes Sir”, She walked in to his cabin and saw a new face with Fardeen, “How was your day today,” he smiled at her. “Good, need to pick up a lot, I have asked Chitra to help me with the documentations, its little tough,” “Do not worry, you will pick up in few days, Chitra has also learnt it from here. Let me introduce you to my brother Farhan”, “Hi”, he smiled at her warmly. “Hello . . . Sir”, “I was on my holidays, just returned last night,”, “Hm…”, “Do not worry about documentations, I will guide you, any problems you can come to me, is that fine”, Manila was very pleased with his approach. ‘I am so lucky, my bosses are not so rude”, she thanked her stars. Fardeen was constantly shifting his eyes on Farhan and her.. Fardeen had a personality, so calling him “Sir” was easy, but Farhan !! He was so cute, she was sure he must be very close to her age. Her short meeting with her bosses was over. She found Tony staring at her all the time, she did not like it, she wanted to tell her bosses about it, but, it was too early. She rushed to the station, to cope up with the evening rush.

Manila had set a routine for herself. 7:36 local in the morning and 5:50 local in the evening. She had made friends with a group and was enjoying her daily ride. With the group she also got a place to sit for sometime as they would exchange seats for few minutes with their friends who are standing for a long. Her wardrobe was full of good collections and she need not worry of any repetition of clothes for at least three months. Her new friends would admire her collections and Manila would flaunt them proudly. Manila thanked her Lord everyday for the good career break that God gave her. Fardeen and Farhan always made it a point to call her inside and speak to her for few minutes every day and compliment her dressing sense. Also, she must have explained to them the distance she covers from her home to office many times, but, they keep asking her the same question. Manila never lost her cool, as she was aware rich people rarely travel by train. She had hit a rapport with Farhan and he was less a boss and more a friend to her by now. He would sit next to her and explain to her the documentations, Manila had completed a month, but documentations were still hitting her hard. Farhan had all the patience to make her understand. Manila would admire Chitra for picking it up, anyways Chitra was an year old in that office. Vanessa and Manila were friends by now. Manohar was the darling of the office, amusing everyone with his jokes. Tony would always pass remarks like “God, why did you not make me a woman, things become easy, what say Subash”, whenever she passed by his table, it did not worry her. She was right, Tony never liked her. She did not bother to complain to her boss and constantly reminded herself that she was in her training period. Manila noticed that for the past three days Fardeen is not coming to office. She wanted to ask his brother, but…….

To be continued……………

2. Shobanag

Shobanag Bronze IL'ite

Re: How Can I Forget My First Love – Story - Part III

Hi Mals - finished reading all three parts just now - great start. I have only visited Mumbai once many years ago and the train is something I wont forget - clutching my purse to my chest - that was an experience. It is probably 10 times more crowded now - I am talking visiting in the late 80's!! I like your writing style - easy to read. Looking forward to part IV.:wave

3. Vandhana

Vandhana Silver IL'ite

Hi Mals,

Read part 2 and 3 . And so the plot thickens......

When are you posting part 4?

Vandhana

4. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi mals,

The character of tony is so irritating..reminding me of guys at college who used to rub me on the wrong side for getting full internals.. (for which i would have struggled with the same experiments/programs)

So Manila is getting used to her office...what comes next...................

5. Kamla

Kamla IL Hall of Fame

Dear Mals,

Enjoyed reading the serial till now ! Very easy language and the scenes are vivid and easy to picture. Never been a working woman in India and Bombay bustle is something that I have never experienced...except in movies like Saathiya!! So it it all the more interesting. You have written about it earlier too...think your experiences spill out in words.
    Am looking forward to reading further...The brothers sound intriguing....

L, Kamla

6. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

I am working on Part IV, will post it soon... Sorry, if I am boring my readers with train scenes, but train is the life line of Mumbai and fastest commuting mode....

7. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Dear Vandana,

I am writing Plot IV, will post soon. Thanks for reading my story, hope it takes a good turn else, I may have to take "Belan' from you... Ouchhhh ...

8. Jananikrithsan

Jananikrithsan Gold IL'ite

The way it is going make me very curious to read the next part. Don't like Tony though. The bosses seem very nice to a newcomer. Lucky Manila!!!!!! She is getting settled at work. Poor Chitra, why doee there have to be a character to get teased in every workplace?

9. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Mals,

I read your story (all 3 parts) yesterday only..Waiting for the 4th part. Come on, you are not boring us with the train scenes. You cannot write about the life in Mumbai without the local trains. They are the life line of Mumbai... Without them there is no life in Mumbai.

Enjoyed reading your story... Liked Manila's character... Keep posting...

10. malspie

malspie Platinum IL'ite

Hi Janani.

I am so happy to know that you are following the characters so well, have posted part 3 and 4.