How can I change my existing user name?

Discussion in 'FAQs' started by Induslady, Jan 22, 2006.

1. PKaur88

PKaur88 New IL'ite

The reason for user name change is not for private messaging, its because I use this user name a lot! And this user name of mine is being searched by someone and therefore there are problems, personal issues or other things are discussed here, so therefore I do not want who ever this is be knowing what forums I am with or what I post! Its not a big deal until I found out that all my user ids on forums and so are being followed!

No Offense to your policy as such!

My husbands a webmaster and owns a forums too, and its something which can be done, so thought in certain circumstances this can be done on your behalf!

If not then can you please delete my account!

Thanks

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

In that case Preeti I would request you to send in detail what is your problems to this email id induslady@indusladies.com and the administrator will decide what to do further.

3. reverie

reverie New IL'ite

Hey Deepali..Vaishnavi..and other friends...

Once easy way to change is to update your email address to somethingelse.Then create a new user under the original email address.

I tried for the sake of helping you ...it worked...If I were you I would not post anything on the internet that could comeback and haunt you at a later time..even if it is under a different name...

Hopefully it helps...

4. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Reverie you have given excellent idea for changing username without changing email. But you see there are excellent advisers on this forum for personal problems there may come some time that we pour out our griefs to unknown sympathising friends as in this website to sooth ourselves. For shared sorrow are half sorrow.

5. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi Aruna,
    I think you can allow once only with warning to choose username carefully as it is allowed once only. This way it will be very good. For personally I ended up in this beautiful site searching for sewing tips I found that if I become a member then I could get answers unfortunately at that time I didnt know that it will become my trusted friend so I just gave my usual id as username and after many days like one reader here I found someone stalking my actions here simply by looking at all posts I have replied and threads I have opened. When I came to know of this I was aghast so I wanted to change. I do not want to close the account for I value the threads and also some replies. If you colud allow this I can easily evade my stalker and hence avoid landing myself in soup.

Thanks

1 person likes this.
  6. Saraswathipv

Saraswathipv IL Hall of Fame

vjbunny,

Please take a look at the first post in this thread, if you haven't already. We cannot choose to change our username once we have registered.

And regarding your posts/thread being stalked, is there any trouble caused to you by that ? If yes, please write to support@indusladies.com .
    If not, you can consider that a fan of your posts is keeping track of your contributions here :biggrin2:.

Bye

Last edited: Oct 12, 2010
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Is it ok to open a new email account and to register with a different user name under that e mail. Only disadvantage is that one's previous posts would not be counted.

swati

8. arrrsha

arrrsha New IL'ite

-please tell me how to delete my account.

9. Arunarc

Hi Swati
    You are right your post counts will not be carried to your new user name.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2011
  10. Arunarc

Hello
    Once the account is created you cannot delete it.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 25, 2011