1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

How Can Hair Dye Cause More White Hair?

Discussion in 'Hair Care & Hair Styles' started by anika987, Mar 28, 2021.

1. sanjuruby3

sanjuruby3 Platinum IL'ite

I think this is true and i am live example. My hair started greying prematurely and with age, greying turned faster. So I have no solution other than dying.
    I am bit lazy and little kids so i am slow and kind of care less. Also, want to cut down dyes, So times i do not dye, i hear indirect comments from desi ladies who are mere acquaintance, taunts from desi too loud mouth friends/collegues (even male) & cousins and i can see women's or people eye or gaze stuck at my hair/head, hence again, i go back and dye.
    My parents - on video call, On white hair, why do not you dye, what have you done to yourself? With pesistent dying ,that happened to you. .....ha ha
    With in 1 week of dying, my whites start to appear and with in 2 week, they became 1 1/5 inch from roots which is clear clear visible. By 3rd week, it becomes terrible and show up in every picture.
    Because of that, i can not have many hair styles, i want to do.

Thyagarajan and Hopikrishnan like this.
  2. anika987

anika987 IL Hall of Fame

thank you.

I tried clairol..root touch up coz I do not have too much gray hair and it did nothing!waste of money but easy application though

Flyhigher likes this.
  3. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

The president of the European Central Bank Christine Legarde is ~65 and has white hair, darker eye brows. Although the transition from a lighter shade to grey-or-white is not as stark as we desi's going from black to grey-white, our skin ages much slower. We have younger-looking face at older age compared to caucasians. This might make us want to color our hair to suit our faces, whereas Europeans can give up coloring, and go natural.

[​IMG]
    Then I see Alistair Darling [ one time UK's chancellor of the exchequer] who also has dark eye brows !! And concluded that the major cause of hair whitening is MONEY related stress. I am sure that someone in the world is looking at what is so special about the coloring scheme of eyebrow hair, and how that can be replicated in the scalp with a genetic engineering method. And btw, Alistair D. is ~ 3 years older than Christine, but has less wrinkles on his face. Very likely due to diet: awful tasting food can sustain the good looks longer.

[​IMG]

Thyagarajan and anika987 like this.
  4. Hopikrishnan

Hopikrishnan Platinum IL'ite

There are hair coloring products that even claim to RESTORE the original color -- whatever that used to be....black, brunette, brown, and lighter shades as well.

If any guy out there is looking for an easy demo' of your affection for the lady of your home, besides assuring that you really like her natural shades-of-grey look, you can volunteer to be a test subject, that is if you still have hair, and some/all of it going/gone grey. At the very least you can eschew razor for a couple of weeks, and volunteer your chin. Lockdown offers such wonderful opportunities!!

"Restore" is the key word one may google.... hair is the other key word.