How are you planning to celebrate sankranthi?

Discussion in 'Community Chit-Chat' started by santhi2386, Jan 8, 2013.

1. santhi2386

santhi2386 New IL'ite

Hello Ladies,

How are you all planning to celebrate sankranthi? After coming to UnitedStates I never celebrated festivals as there was no body to guide and also I got busy attending school for sometime and then with work. But now I feel that celebrating festivals can bring new energy to your routine life. Dressing up, cooking special food, going to temple can make the day special and different. So I want to celebrate this first festival after new year in my own way and I would love to hear from all of you about your way of celebrating sankranthi.

1.What do you do on sankranthi?
    2.What specials do you make for sankranthi?
    3.How do you plan the day?

Excited to listen from you all.

Cheers.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013

2. Arunarc

Arunarc Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hello Shanti
    Sorry by mistake it was deleted. Hope you had a great time celebrating Sankranthi this year.
    Do let us know what all you did....

When I was aboard, I use to make til(seame seeds) puries, or til ladoos pongal rice with some side dishes.
    I use to just offer these things to God and eat with all the family members:)
    I know you will not enjoy the way you do in India but for our own satifaction and happiness it is good that we do celebrate all the festivals in a simple way if not in grand way. So that we are attached to the roots of our motherland.