How are people of North MP & People of Indore & Bhopal in general?

Discussion in 'Madhya Pradesh' started by rissy, Feb 3, 2012.

1. rissy

rissy Silver IL'ite

I would like to know how are people of North MP (Guna, Ashoknagar, Gwalior) and people of Bhopal & Indore in general. I know my question sounds weird as I am asking for giving generalized opinions about people from particular region and I know most of you will answer that all individuals are different and its hard to generalize. I know that but still it is also true that regional and cultural differences has something to do with nature of people in general too. Even though we say each individuals are different, but still in some matters some generalizations can be made related to region and culture. Like what is their culture, are most of them modern or still stick to traditions, are most of them aggressive or hot tempered or peace loving, etc. For eg: most gujaratis are food lovers, modern minded, and light hearted and flexible people. This is generalization but exceptions can be there.

The reason I am asking as I have offer of 2-3 matrimonial alliances for me and my sister. But I am from gujarat so not sure if gujaratis can get along with hindi language people of MP. I know we should meet the guys & their family and decide. But still I would like to get general idea that how are Jain people of north MP (ahsoknagar & guna) and also people of bhopal & indore in general and how they treat their daughter in laws. Do they expect dowry? Are they modern minded and allow daughter in laws to live their life independently or are traditional minded and want her to wear saree and follow traditions. Can gujaratis relate with them or get along with them? How is their character in general, like are they too narrow minded or miser or are they rich in traditions. Or just like gujaratis, are they forward and modern and accept modern practicalities of today's world. Though each family and individuals are different, still can you give general idea about their culture and nature of people. Thanks

2. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Hi.....
    I dont understand why should Gujarathis not get along with Hindi people.... I was at Indore and I have seen many Gujrathi thriving their and MP people are very nice... What you need to do is to check the family background of the people who are seeking your alliance.... If they are good then your life will be beautiful even in hell....

Good Luck

3. SS7611

SS7611 New IL'ite

Friendly enjoy food and shopping in Indore. Bhopal lake is nice.