How And Why Has Your Style Evolved?

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Sparkle, Sep 26, 2016.

1. Sparkle

Sparkle Platinum IL'ite

I was looking at some old family pictures and realised how much my dressing/fashion style has evolved (or gone down the hill :thinking:). A lot has changed in the way I was before and the way I present myself now. But a few things remain unchanged too. Its also peculiar that most part of 'being myself' closely blends with what I wear or choose to wear. It influences my buying choices a lot. The fashion choices for women are plenty now than before. There was a time I wanted to look older when I was little. As I grow older, I want to look younger. A style of dressing I despised before looks very appealing now.

There is a certain time when every person starts noticing what they wear and how they look and start being conscious about it. Since then, has your fashion style evolved over the years? What were your choices 'then' and 'now'? Do you feel better/different as your style changes(d)? Or did it stay the same? Do you feel a connection with the way you look and who you are?

(I am starting this as a fun thread again, also to gain insight on some deep-rooted looks related issues.)

sindmani and vaidehi71 like this.

2. blindpup10

blindpup10 Platinum IL'ite

Thanks for starting this thread. I am considering to redo my wardrobe and feel exactly how you have described.
    I am in early 30's and petite.. can easily pass of as in mid 20's. To my age and my dressing... I have notice that when I take my DS to Pedi/ Doc's/ shopping I am treated as a nanny :confused:. People have asked me if I am the nanny:sob:

So that got me thinking.. Should I change my dressing style...?? Do I dress young for my age? Could this be the reason people question me that I am the nanny?
    I am usually in casual day dress's, shorts, leggings, work shorts. As I am SAHM my day consists of couple of change in clothes for different activities.

I am so confused even where to begin with this wardrobe change. As, I have a particular sense of fashion and I am in the thought process of how to change it.. and will it change my identity coz of things I will consider to wear :confundio1:. I dont know if it makes much sense to others.. But for awhile now.. I have been thinking about this issue and looking at fashion blogs for early 30's wardrobe. Here are some of the blogs I was going through...

25 Items You Definitely Need To Toss By Age 30
    Penny Pincher Fashion
    Kendi Everyday | A Style Blog by Kendi Skeen
    the stylish housewife
    Outfits Archives | Alterations Needed

Yes I can see myself in boyfriend jeans rather than low rise or pointy flats than flats with bows.. Just so afraid of loosing who I am and the change that awaits.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016
    Sparkle likes this.
  3. ChennaiExpress

ChennaiExpress IL Hall of Fame

I suggest maxi jean skirt. A-Line Maxi skirt so you are flexible, and skirt is flowy.

Wear it with flats in warmer weather or boots underneath when cooler

Last edited: Oct 3, 2016