How about a four legged Teacher?

Discussion in 'Pets and Animal Lovers' started by aproop, May 27, 2008.

1. aproop

aproop Bronze IL'ite

Animal Assisted Therapy (AAT) is a type of therapy in which an animal, with specific
    characteristics, is an integral part of the treatment process. Though this treatment is
    relatively new in India, it is widely practiced in other parts of the world.

The therapy, has brought positive results among autistic kids, kids with learning disabilities
    and troubled by aliteracy - lack of desire to read or refusing to read.

If reading aloud in class is a dreadful excercise for your kid, then the best you can do to
    help your child get over this fear is to get them the furry, wet-nosed tutors.

A classroom with a teacher in wagging tail will be loved by the children in the age
    group of 2-10. It will be a interesting reading session for them.

A child's interact with a dog, cat, or other furry friend can have a very positive impact
    upon their quality of life. It can change behavior, create a sense of responsibility and even improve
    a child’s ability to participate in therapeutic treatment leading to achievement in relation to
    identified goals and objectives. Children are often extremely trusting and easily achieve a level of intimacy with animals.
    This special bond contributes to pets’ effectiveness as co-therapists.

According to experts, dogs are not just a child's best companion but can also be great tutors
    to children troubled by aliteracy. It can be mostly due to teachers and classmates rediculing
    those who fumble while reading loud, in turn causing fear, shyness and embarrassment in the child.

In such cases, pets can be excellent motivator in helping children learn new things or
    overcome the drawbacks they may have.

Children who read out stories to dogs, trained specially to listen, could overcome their
    inhibitions and develop an interest in reading. Moreover dogs do not laugh like classmates or
    scold like parents/teachers.

love,
    Anu

2. Sindhuja

Sindhuja Silver IL'ite

I agree with you, anu! Dogs are real motivators and there are a lot to learn from them. They are good listeners.

regards,

3. aproop

aproop Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sindhu,

truly said. They are real motivators. having them around lift our spirits and just holding them relieves our tension.

thanks for the FB.

love,
    Anu

4. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Dogs are great mind readers, me thinks... They are the best for motivators and friends one could have.

They really do understand our feelings and make sure we are out of it being with them... :bowdown:bowdown:bowdown:bowdown

Last edited: May 28, 2008
  5. aproop

aproop Bronze IL'ite

You are right Nandu....they are just the best!

thanks for stepping in.

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

AAT--- eventhough it is a new form of therapy, the results therein seems to be overwhelming...
    Thanks for bringing it up, Anu...

sriniketan

7. Paulina

Paulina Moderator Staff Member Platinum IL'ite

Dear Anu,
    Lovely write up and great info about Animal Therapy.

Our four legged friends have excelled in so many fields...after all it was a little caninie that went on the first journey into space !

The devotion and loyalty that our four legged friends possess have no equal in the animal kingdom and legends proving this fact are legion.

Thanks for sharing such wonderful news about our four legged friend's capabilities.
    It will catch up in India too

warm regards
    PAULINA:wave

8. aproop

aproop Bronze IL'ite

Dear Chechi,

As you said these wonderful creatures have excelled in many fields. Take our feline super station manager, who is doing a great job in drawing crowds and lifting the business.

they are amazing!!

check this link you will surely love it.
    Feline News

love,
    anu

9. srimathi

srimathi New IL'ite

How correct! recently we have got a pup who is a mix of Labrador-Retriever and Rajapalyam.We have named him Prince and currently he is running 4 months.He came to us by chance and as somebody who had booked for him canceled out in the end .I brought him reluctantly into my life as we live in a flat and I was not sure whether we could handle him.I have in my childhood always grown with dogs and I know there is lot of work involved.But now he has won over the heart of my husband (who is not a dog person at all) and the other flat mates as well.Though the hard work is still done by me like potty training and obedience training at the end of the day I feel happy he has come into our life now when our children are leaving their nest.There is someone who awaits my husband when he comes home tired from work with baited breath and a fast wagging tail!!!!
    Please take a look at our New member of our family
    Srimathi

Attached Files:

10. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Ohhhhhhhhh CHOOOOOOO CHweeeeeeeeeeeeeet he is.....

I want to hug him soooooooo muchhhhhhhh...

Srimathi.. thanks for sharing his pic with us.. You made my day !!!!