1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How a naive/gullible Housewife was treated in USA !!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by trueloveseek, Nov 24, 2013.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

So the guy gave you guys a zoo coupon (not candy, mind you) and you (not your child, mind you) felt some trust in him. A few days later he enters your hotel room (not forcibly, still mind you) and asks your wife out on a date (not to the zoo, mind you).

What did you expect HR or the receptionist to do if not smirk? :)

Are you smirking as responses pour in to your post? :)

9 people like this.
  2. ChandrikaV

ChandrikaV IL Hall of Fame

I still feel no harm was done and hence the whole incident does not warrant any discussion and reliving. Does it bother your wife still? I have lived away from India for over 30 years now. I positively feel nothing wrong if a man and woman are in the same room ...... Man and a woman can be friends. May be your wife was in a new country and living in a hotel room/lodge. He wanted to just talk and be a friend.

3. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Well, if he really did ask your wife on a date, he certainly deserves derision, but with a different vowel. :wink:

Often true. Surprise robs us of our presence of mind. I can understand.

How come you did not seek advice from friends? You are reflecting on this after five years, so I assume it never left your mind, but say one week after the incident, when there was still time for concrete action, you did nothing? How come you felt safe in the assumption that nothing further would happen?

Not that I don't believe you, but I wonder whether this was some bizarre lost-in-translation comedy of errors. A married Don Juan confident enough to ask a married woman (one he barely knows) out on a date might be expected to have smoother technique.

4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Gnashing your teeth you mean?

5. honeycomb

honeycomb New IL'ite

Glad your wife escaped without any actual harm, things could have been worse. Better to be cautious always. Thanks for sharing your experience.

6. misspink14

misspink14 Bronze IL'ite

I think that this story is showing that they are both naive!

7. Endlesshope

Endlesshope Platinum IL'ite

Helloooooooo technical team or who ever sits out there keeping a tab on all the trollesque threads , I really hope you save these trolly threads before deleting them, you see they are so much fun to read :)

5 people like this.
  8. Gauri03

Gauri03 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

OP, what's with the random capitalization of words? It's triggering my OCD. I spent a good 10 minutes trying to look for a pattern in there. :crazy

11 people like this.
  9. TheAlchemist

TheAlchemist Silver IL'ite

The pattern I have in mind sits well with most of the unanswered questions here. Maybe OP is the GUY and not the DH in the story. Maybe he is a reformed GUY now, feeling guilty about it and this is an attempt to seek closure :hide: as in he alerted us so we won't let it happen next time someone else tries the same trick :coffee

1 person likes this.
  10. nuss

nuss Platinum IL'ite

May be he meant to take all of you (wife, kid and you ) out for dinner and your wife nodded. Poor GUY probably waited all evening ;)

7 people like this.