1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

How a naive/gullible Housewife was treated in USA !!

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by trueloveseek, Nov 24, 2013.

1. trueloveseek

trueloveseek Senior IL'ite

Myself, Wife and my son 3 years old in 2008 had traveled to Greenville, SC, USA for a 1 year deputation stay. We got a nice lodge to stay nearby the company. Since we were new we were looking forward to similar Indian families to make new friends etc. My DW was very much naive/innocent in those days. She had thought all Indians in USA are good folks. Her English was may be 50% fluent in those days. When I went to Office, my Wife and Son had to stay in the lodge alone till I return from Office.

During our stay in the LODGE we met a Indian Guy [incidentally he had been hired in our Organization recently and hence he was also staying in the same lodge as a temporary arrangement with his WIFE and kid]. He looked exactly like one of my Wife's Cousins[who also stays in US in another state], hence my Wife felt a family kind of Indian connection with him. He initially did not talk much to me or my Wife. He only said "HELLO" etc in the Lodge parking lot to both me and my WIFE, that is all we had talked with him.

Once when I met him again in the parking lot he gave me a local Zoo coupon so that we can get a discount when we go there. I assumed these gestures are standard way of getting to know each other.

But one day when I returned from Office, I found my Wife was in a DAZE/CONFUSED/AFRAID state of mind. She narrated to me what happened that day. That Indian GUY whom we had barely known had entered our Hotel ROOM when my Wife and Kid were alone. I got confused and asked my Wife, how can he enter our Hotel Room when he does not have the Keys to it. She told me that he called the Intercom and asked my wife to open the Room door when he comes and knocks the door. I felt ANGRY on my wife for not showing presence of mind in such situations. But since I knew my Wife's character I understood the reaction from her. He came inside and sat in the same sofa as my Wife was sitting and TOUCHED her hand. I was BOILING :bangfrom inside but what to do. He asked whether he can take my WIFE on a dinner date along with him. Since my WIFE's English was poor she only nodded by head gesture and I don't know what he understood. He asked her when your husband will be back from OFFICE. She told like 6 PM. He left immediately as it was nearing 6 PM. So now I was confused to the maximum what to do. I immediately took my WIFE to the reception and explained what had happened, The american girl at the reception understood the situation and gave a smirk smile[because my WIFE was very pretty] to both of us and told us not to worry. She told , since that GUY was a long time US resident he is playing like this confidently and since you folks are new here, you will take some time to understand how to handle such situations later.

But still I was not convinced with the response from HOTEL staff. Since I knew that he had recently joined our company from another company in USA, and also I knew his name, I went ahead and searched his name in the OUTLOOK global address book. Next day I directly went to my HR department and explained what had happened the day before in our Lodging and identified him in the OUTLOOK address book. The HR person seemed to understand and told me not to worry and come back to him if this INDIAN GUY is creating more trouble to me. After that it I was always thinking if that GUY may be stalking us.

This incident really opened my EYES to REALITY.

Now it is almost a forgotten incident. But sometimes I think how come Ladies can be so NAIVE and GULLIBLE when unknown men approach them. Between now my WIFE is way Stronger and Intelligent, when compared to those days and I am really Proud and Happy to have such a wonderful DW.

2. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Script writing for movies is great career option for you. I am serious.

18 people like this.
  3. trueloveseek

trueloveseek Senior IL'ite

:thankyou2: !! My WIFE has never understood this skill of mine.

4. KP55

KP55 Gold IL'ite

Have you confronted this guy? I know a lot of men can be perverts. True a lot of women can be guillible especially if she was new from India.

I'm not sure what advice you are seeking apart from telling us your wife is very beautiful and trustworthy. Good for you.

But i'm willing to guess since your wife is very beautiful this is not the first time she has been approached. I don't want you to second guess your wife, only you know her best, but are you sure you have the entire truth from your wife? Have you confronted the guy since this happened to find out his side of the story? The reason I ask this is because, you mentioned that this is a 'forgotten incident' but something is still bothering you enough to re-live this incident by typing it on a message-forum. Perhaps you are subconsciously convincing yourself of whatever she has told you.

Sometimes us men are gullible and naive and fall for a beautiful face too easily. Just my 2 cents. Again, i'm not saying something happened between her and this guy but i'm just analyzing based on the facts you have provided in your post.

5. sweetypi

sweetypi Platinum IL'ite

(a) Was he going to ask his wife to babysit your 3 yr old when he took your wife out to dinner ? :biggrin2:
    (b) Why did you not confront him ?
    (c) What language did he talk to your wife in that she did not understand completely ?

2 people like this.
  6. Maddy2087

Maddy2087 Platinum IL'ite

Ha ha ha ha ... Isn't she pretty now ???gigglingsmiley I don't think any receptionist would say that ... good script :)

Not all ladies are soo NAIVE truloveseeekeer notdonesmiley

3 people like this.
  7. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

OP told the story of an imaginary wife who is naive and you turned her in to a cheat UNFAIR!!

10 people like this.
  8. desposhwetha

desposhwetha Gold IL'ite

I seriously don't understand this point. You went to the receptionist, the HR but why didnt you confront him. I mean, thats how an Indian man behaves after hearing someone else has misbehaved with his wife. Is your wife naive or is it you? Agreed your wife was not comfy with english but your version of she nodded when he asked her something ? Sounds funny. I guess she should ve would either screamed or barked at him in such a situation:idontgetit:

9. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

When he asked out for a date she didn't understand anything and nodded her head, but how come she understood when he asked her at what time her husband(you) usually comes home???

I dont understand who's naive here... Is it you or your wife???

10. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

If there is a poll for this "readers" gets my vote

11 people like this.