Housing Queries in Dubai

Discussion in 'Housing in Dubai' started by dipika117, Apr 30, 2008.

1. dipika117

dipika117 New IL'ite

Hi friends

Dipika here

As i am relocating to dubai next month ,i am really confused where to find an economical accomodation either in dubai / sharjah , my maximum budget is 40 - 45 K Dh.

I need an accomodation where i can get my 3 and 1/2 Yrs old kid to admitted in some CBSC school and the cost of living and transportation is not painful as my hubby's job will be in Dubai Media city .

Can anybody help me in guiding the affordable accomodation near to dubai media city or else the transportation is feasible from that area , is he need to arrange an permanent taxi to reach office or some ppl who are sharing the cost of travel by car .

AS i will be relocating in June ,i thing will waste my kids 1 acadamic year although she have got admission in delhi into KG-1 , so can we try in march for an direct admission to KG-2 ??

Many ppl suggesed to live in sharjah , karana , Al qualis etc but we want to live nearby some market place so that although being a housewife , i can get some household items on daily basis instead of seeking by hubby's help everytime .

Need some guidance from experienced ppl ,...

Plz help...

Dipika

2. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Re: Relocating to Dubai ,Help need in accomodation,commuting

Hi Deepika

Welcome to Dubai. Your hus work place in Dubai Media City. You have a small kid going to school with CBSE curriculum.

You may have to choose the location in Karama, Bur Dubai, Deira, Satwa or Rashidiya. The rent for a one bed room apartment in Bur Dubai or Karama would be approx. 85~95K pa. A studio will be around 60~70K. These areas are more suitable for families. Deira, Rashidiya area come second. Third choice is Satwa where more of Bangadeshis and Arabic community are more. Travelling is slightly better from these areas for your hus. There are so many private van operators are there which your hus can arrange on monthly basis.

The rent in Dubai International City is slightly cheaper, but are new and shops for daily requirements are very minimal.

The last option is Sharjah. The rents are cheaper, but travellilng is at its worst with very bad traffic esp for your hus.

You may find sharing accommodation in Dubai, Karama, Deira etc. where many small to medium size families stay. If acceptable, you may give a thought to it.

Please dont think I am discouraging or projecting a negative opinion. Dubai is one of the most expensive cities with spiralling uncontrolled rents.

Best of Luck
    Shanti
    30-4-08

3. sowminivibu

sowminivibu Silver IL'ite

dear dipika

welcome to dubai....yes life has becum a struggle in any part of the world and dubai is no exception.....rents are infact a bit high and keeps always increasing...dubai media city is not a place where u can stay..karama, bur dubai are better areas where u guys can look out for a stay and u get all stuff here......how old is ur daughter...here by apr 15th ur child shud have completed 3 yrs to get an admission into kg1....u need any further help we are all here to help u...

lov
    sowmi

4. divyasarav

divyasarav New IL'ite

Hi,

Welcome to Dubai!. Yes as others have mentioned Dubai is becoming extremely expensive.

There are many private van operators like Fancy, Al Zarooni, Mushrif, Jawaher etc which pick ppl from Karama, Bur Dubai, Deira, Qusais to DMC and DIC. Hence commutation would not be a problem. Also almost all the CBSE schools have their school buses plying to all the places of the city to pick and drop school children. But to get an admission into KG1, you should have got application well in advance, atleast in Dec and the admission to KG1 is purely on lottery basis. Few schools have sibilings seats reserved. But you can alwas try with some schools which are little less reputed to get admission now and then you can shift your child later on in Grade 1 to the most popular schools.

Coming to the rents, in Karama & Bur Dubai area, the rent for a normal 1 BR apt would cost minimum 70 to 75k without facilities. Studio would range anywhere 50-55k. If you go in for sharing accommodation, then you will have to keep aside AED 3500-4000 pm apart from electricity and water. And if you own a car, again comes the problem of parking... if in case there is no parking space in your apt, then you have to invest on a parking card.

These are no exaggerations but realities in Dubai.

For any more info, please do not hesitate.

cheers
    Divya

5. dipika117

dipika117 New IL'ite

Many thanks Divya / Sowmi / Shanti for giving me a good hand of support like elder sis

As my kid have completed 4 Yrs into April 2008 and as in delhi the admission criteria to get admitted in KG1 for 2008-09 session was 4 yrs , we have just got admission but i dont think , i will be able to send her to this school as we will be relocating to dubai in June and again seek the admission of her in KG1 , even in a less reputed schools to save her 1 year of education .

If you have some medium school ( not very low ) where at least i can get her admitted , this will be a great help .

AS my hubby will first relocation and after a month we will be coming , plz help me out if you know some good property dealers who can help us out to get even a studio accomodation in areas , from where at least the commuting to dubai media city is easier .

Divya - If you have the numbers of any of these taxi operators like Fancy, Al Zarooni, Mushrif, Jawaher etc , this will be a great help for me to speak to them and find out any seat into their taxies

Love talking to you ans surely planning to meet my three elder sisters when i reach there

Dipika

6. SKumar

SKumar New IL'ite

Hi,

I hope you are shifted to dubai.

I am also relocating to dubai with my husband and two kids. i am worried about my children school.
    can you please tell me when is the academic year starts in dubai

Thanks,
    Sunitha

7. babita_sn

babita_sn Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sunitha,

The academic year starts in month of April.And school closes down from june for summer vacations

Babita

8. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Sunita,
    For CBSE schools, academic year starts in April. School closes in July-Aug for summer vacation.
    For O levels, new academic year starts in Sept. Still, you will have to finalise your admissions soon. Again summer vacation will be in July-Aug.

Regards
    USHA

9. Hema123

Hema123 New IL'ite

Moving to Dubai

Hi, we are planning to move Dubai from Singapore, I came to know from website/internet that cost of living in Dubai is very high. My husband office place is Suite 703, Holiday Centre,Sheikh Zayed Road. So kindly give me the nearest good place for living and cost of living and other expenditure. We have 2 years kid. We appreciate your feedback and comments. Thanks in advance

10. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Re: Moving to Dubai

Dear Hema,
    I have merged your thread with another one, which deals with similar topics. Please ltake a look and let me know if you have any more questions.

Regards
    USHA