1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

House looks like a train wreck and in-laws will be here soon

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by zipzipzoomzoom, Aug 6, 2011.

1. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

"Oh my God!", Sweety thought to herself as her jaw dropped to the floor.

Bubbly, giggling and laughing had fingerpaint all over herself - and all over her bedroom.

"Oh my God!", Sweety thought to herself as her jaw was STILL dropped to the floor.

Pink fingerpaint of Bubbly's foot prints were on the bare floors.

Pink fingerpaint of Bubbly's handprints were on the bare walls.

Bubbly was giggling and laughing while playing with the fingerpaint, unaware of the mess she created.

Unaware that Grandma and Grandpa were coming in less than half an hour.

Unaware that Grandma and Grandpa were Sweety's in-laws.

"Oh Bubbly, lets get you cleaned up", Sweety said as she picked up Bubbly.

"Honey, can you come in here", Sweety called out to her husband, Gerald.

"Oh, great, he cannot hear me from here", Sweety thought to herself, with increasing impatience.

Sweety went out of Bubbly's room, taking her to the bathroom.

"Honey, please come here, we have an emergency", Sweety shouted, louder, with impatience and fear in her voice.

Gerald came rushing.

"Bubbly got fingerpaint all over her room, please help me clean it while I got Bubbly", asked Sweety, irritated at the situation by now.

"Ok, no need to get snappy", replied Gerald who was irritated by Sweety's irritation.

"Your parents will be here any minute, and I want them to get a good impression", Sweety said, apologetically.

"You worry too much", replied Gerald.

Sweety cleaned up Bubbly and changed her shirt.

Gerald tried to get the fingerpaint off the floors and walls, but failed.

Sweety was in a panic.

"No problem, I've moved the furniture around, and placed a rug where the stains are. Mom will say that Bubbly's room looks Gorgeous", Gerald said, trying to add humor to the situation.

Gerald's parents finally arrived.

The spent the afternoon talking, and playing with Bubbly, even chasing her around!

At one point, Gerald's Mom, Maude, wanted to put Bubbly to bed, for her nap.

Sweety was still worried about the permanent stains in Bubbly's room.

"Oh my!", Maude exclaimed. Her voice carried across the hall.

"Oh my God!", Sweety thought to herself as her jaw dropped to the floor.

"Absolutely Gorgeous!", Maude exclaimed as she came out of Bubbly's room.

"I love the way you personalized Bubbly's room!", Maude told Sweety.

"It is definately Bubbly's room. I just love the way Bubbly's tiny foot and hand prints are all over the floors and walls. It will be something to cherish for us to cherish years from now as Bubbly grows up, gets married, and has a family of her own." Maude told everyone.

"Absolutely Gorgeous...", Maude said to herself with a sigh, and a tear in her eye....

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai Z,

Enjoyed each and every line of your blog dear. Lovely you have summarised and ended the blog in a very very beautiful way. Sweety bubbly,gerald, Maude i liked all the names and the characters i was able to visualise the situation dear.

3. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Dear Z,

A wonderful write up. You have beautifully narrated each line... Enjoyed very much.

Shanti