1. Handy Kitchen Tips that You cannot Miss : Solutions for all your Problems
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Would you like to join the IL team? See open jobs!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. What can you teach someone online? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If someone taught you via skype, what would you want to learn? Tell us here!
    Dismiss Notice

House Keeping

Discussion in 'Home Decoration & Improvement' started by shakila banu, Jan 23, 2008.

1. shakila banu

shakila banu Bronze IL'ite

Dear ilites, House keeping plays a very important role. when the home we live is clean our mind also remains clean and calm. As a home maker we have many duties to be carried out at home. Taking care of children,cooking, washing the clothes, ironing it apart from all these our house should be perfectly clean. Perfect means if your hubby and children when they ask you from pencil to any tiny article you should be in a position to locate. Everything at home much have a definite place. This gives a sort of confidence to us when it becomes methodical and we would be bold and comfortable to invite any guest at any time.

Now from today lets start from each and every tiny bit space of our house. First is the entrance usually the enterence we would have a shoe rack lets discuss about the entrance of our normal house. What are the things expected at the entrance some may have very creative ideas which other might not. Lets start dicussing part by part. To start with its the entrance then after three days lets discuss about the hall. what are the things expected to be in the hall. Hope being a home maker this thread would go very interesting and lively. Thank you.

2. roopadadia

roopadadia Silver IL'ite

Hi Shakila,

This is a great idea...it will helpany newbees getting married and have no idea about housekeeping or organising the home.

Also the brain storming will give us new ideas as well.

In our apt...there is a wall bang opposite to the main entrance....so i have seated a Ganesha there to take care of the the people and the vibes that they bring along with them.

In the left there as we enter there is a wall i have extended that wall and made a shoe rack there to store the jootas of all of us and some racks for storing "raddi", umbrella, etc.

Hope to hear from other ILs too.

Warm regards
    Roopa.

3. shakila banu

Dear Roopadadia

you are the first ilite to participate in my thread. Thank your very much for your idea. In my house ofcourse i have kept a shoe rack stand and two dust bins in one of the dustbin i have kept washed socks each pair tied of my hubby and also i have kept another closed plastic dustbin in which he has to put his used socks every evening when he returns from office. By doing this he never asks me for his socks during busy morning hours. At the end of the week i wash all his socks alone separately using dettol and replace it in the same dust bin foldingeach pairs nicely and neatly. And ofcourse i do have word hangings to prevent the house from evil. Hope this idea might help someone or the other. Bye.

4. shakila banu

Dear roopadadia

what is raddi?

5. aishu22

aishu22 Gold IL'ite

Dear Shakila Banu,
    This is what i have in the entrance of my house.Let me describd my entranc.I live in a apartment(first floor).I have a big Lobby leading to the main door of the house.Things i have:I have a Chime bell to ward of evil, a shoe rack neatly organised.Other end of the lobby has flower pots-jasmine,Money plant, Bud roses and of-course the scared Tulasi to which i do pooja everyday.

I hate to crowd the house with things, so i keep it minimal.

Urs and Roopas sounds good! BTW the idea of socks bin is good.

6. shakila banu

Dear Aishu

Thanks for your ideas. please keep posting/

7. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Shakila,
    I find this so interesting.........never thought of sharing these tit-bits......
    Anyways, in my App, we have a walk in Closet just in front of the entrance door, so we had a shoe-rack and 2 Socks basket (one for cleaned ones and the other for used ones) there. Then inside that closet itself, we had all our jackets hung. There is a shelf/rack where we had our caps/gloves/scarfs.........
    Then come to the sides of the entrance door.........There is a hand painted picture of Jaganathji below which, I have a designer mirror, so that while going out of my house, I used to bow my head to my Dieties and then check my make-up/hair and move out of the house.
    Also, there is a small nook near the closet where I had some good wishing cards......whenever I see them I remember the moments when I got those.....so it is a good feeling with which I left to work every morning,....
    That's all I remember now about my entrance door and the things around it.....
    OK, I have a small wind chime near the entrance door.........looking forward to hear from all other ladies.
    Regards,

8. shakila banu

Dear meeta

Lovely. From your post i got an idea to keep the jackets, gloves ..... also the mirror its a very good idea. Thank You. Keep posting.

9. shakila banu

Dear friends,

Now slowely lets move on to the hall. What are the things do you expect sure to be in the hall since that is the place where we entertain our guests. Expecting many posts and new ideas. Thank You.

10. alamu

alamu New IL'ite

hi,

This seems to be nice thread. First let me start from the entrance, I 've a shoe rack where i keep daily used shoes and polish. Have kept a chair near by so that it will easy to sit and wear the shoes.

Socks basket is a goode idea but i 've a toddler so if i put one i 've to search for the socks and sometimes the basket too.......

There is a rack on the wall with hooks where i hang all the daily used jackets. caps and gloves goes on top of the rack.

There is a small cubboard near by where i store all my unused shoes, vaccum cleaner in the lower part, socks in the middle rack and Cosmetics in the upper part as the cubboard is before the shower room.

When i write all these things, so many alterations come to my mind. I may clear up my entrance little bit i guess.

Thanks for the nice thread ladies and please share how you organize your home.

Regards,
    Alamu