Host/guest Dos & Don'ts Or Entertaining Etiquette

Discussion in 'General Discussions' started by Amica, Jan 12, 2017.

1. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

I've never had to ask non-desis to take their footwear off either. :)

Someone not only demanded a tour of our home, but opened closets to peek inside. I was fit to be tied. :lol:

Yikes! That host was rude! To invite one guest to eat and not ask another! :shakehead:

Yep.

jskls likes this.
  2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Those are the best kind of friends. One of DH's buddies heads straight to the fridge. :lol:

3. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

:astonished: Yikes! Two hours early!! We had one couple arrive 15 minutes early. They did it deliberately to offer last minute help. I still wasn't thrilled. :blush:

And I thought I had suffered! :facepalm:

And this is exactly why I started this thread. We can vent here without being judged. :lol:

4. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

I don't get the joke? Please share. :blush:

KashmirFlower likes this.
  5. sweetsmiley

sweetsmiley Platinum IL'ite

Nice thread! In our circle, one couple always accept potluck invite,but cancel it in the last minute with silly reason.
    but come with whole family including parents, kids etc for parties... they dont want to cook anything for potluck even simple rasam...

we had some games in my baby shower function - baby quiz...two couples got the same mark..however, judges (yeah, i asked few of my friends for that ) decided to give prize only for one..because the other couple googled it,,,

later the other couple came and literally fought with me for that and showed face in function hall itself..
    then i gave one more gift to them to convince them...they took two return gift bags also(one for parents)...
    the big highlight was they didn't gift me anything... they didn't find time it seems...
    i was like wow!!!!! but staying very near to them and cant avoid for anything...

Amica likes this.
  6. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

One time one of my guests wanted to grab something from my refrigerator. She found what she wanted, and THEN did the following:
    Spent atleast 7-8 mins in front of the shelves, staring at every single item inside
    Moved some stuff in the front with her hand, to see what was in the back of the shelves
    Opened the deep freezer to check what's in there too.

:rage::rage:

Amica likes this.
  7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

People are weird. We've stopped doing potlucks because everyone wants to bring chhole. :facepalm:

OMG! Cheating and then fighting for a prize!! :astonished: And no gift! Wow! You were really very nice about it. I don't know how I would've handled them. :rage:

8. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

:facepalm: Jeez! No need to touch everything. :nono:

9. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

ha ha .... and you kniw what to give them in goody bag :roflmao:

you should have a menu on excel and share it in google docs and then let them pick.

Amica likes this.
  10. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

[​IMG]

Good idea! I'll suggest this the next time our group decides to do a potluck. Thanks. :)

jskls likes this.