1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

horse gram dal for weight lose

Discussion in 'Keep Fit & Maintain Shape' started by kavinarayan, Sep 9, 2008.

1. manisha.sanjay

manisha.sanjay Gold IL'ite

hi Bambli,
    thankyou for your reply........i will also try it but only once a day.......i also don't want more purging n as i m breastfeeding my daughter will also get affected.....

2. poojaprasad

poojaprasad Gold IL'ite

Will try this for sure...my husband's cholesterol levels are high....I hope that comes down with this...thanks for sharing

Pooja Prasad

3. Lavanyaganesan

Lavanyaganesan Junior IL'ite

Horsegram Query

Hi ,
    Am 71kgs and mi height is 5"8.i need to reduce weight.i tried GM diet and all,but i could nt sustain diet program.I cam across this abt horse gram and frm today i have started drinking it in empty stomach..will it be useful...

lavanya

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2009
  4. Anus

Anus Bronze IL'ite

Thanks for the tip.Another method is grind sugar and kollu together and take 2 spoons daily.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2009
  5. nimmisrinath

nimmisrinath Senior IL'ite

hi
    Even I have been using kollu for some time, I make kollu podi and have it with idli or dosa. Now I boil kollu and drink dat water empty stomach. I have heard that kollu water ,half tsp dry ginger powder and 1 tsp kokum juice mixed together is good for weight reduction. My husband and I have following it religiously.Hope der should b some difference in weight.

nimmi

6. shreyashreyas

shreyashreyas Gold IL'ite

Hi,

my mom gave me one idea.

she asked me to dry roast kollu and keep it in air tight container and just eat it as when you pass by. It will keep you energetic and also reduce weight.

or else dry roast it and powder it and mix it in either luke warm water or butter milk and drink.

Either way should work.

I have not tried it but will start from today.

regards

sandhya

7. Satyasri

Satyasri Senior IL'ite

Hi,

Even i too heard and saw in one Tv prgm.Ayurveda guru told eating horse gram in any form(power or boiled) can reduce weight.This weekend i should get this.

8. naz27

naz27 New IL'ite

HI.

i' NEW HERE. I just want to ask some advice. i bought Horse gram but havent try. i really want to lost weight about 2-3 kg. i heard the water really dont taste good. so if i powder it..and just swallow 1 tsp wth water like taking medicine. will i hv same effect.

another thing this horse gram is best to take in the morning right. in the morning i take coffee , can i take together wth coffe..i mean if it's the powder..at least i dont feel the taste.

i have to diet very strictly is it..to get rid this 3kg. any suggestion.

9. Bambli

Bambli Gold IL'ite

yes, u may powder it. But it's better to take in empty stomach with warm water. To reduce you weight, u may check and join the http://www.indusladies.com/forums/keep-fit-and-maintain-shape/39332-weight-loss-buddy.html

You can get some ideas and sugguestions in diet plans...

Good luck

10. naz27

naz27 New IL'ite

Hi Bambli,

Thanks for your reply. anyway i started drinking horse gram. i just boiled together wth 1 tsp cummin seeds. I drink twice one early morning and once at 6 evening after working. i've been drinking it for 1 week. hope i could see some weight lost after a month. will keep you all informed.

By the way, i want to know does anyone here wear Corset..to maintain the shape. and any tips for anti aging...or any product anyone taking.

thank you so much<SCRIPT type=text/javascript> vbmenu_register("postmenu_754603", true); </SCRIPT>

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 6, 2009