Horizon International Academy , Chennai

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by stdhivya, Aug 31, 2012.

1. stdhivya

stdhivya New IL'ite

Hi Friends,

Is there anyone who have thier kids studying at Horizon International Academy. The school is in Madambakkam , Tambaram locality. They follow IGCSE syllabus. They have upto Grade III this year . We visited the school and we liked everything abt the school be it the teachers , the ambience , the classrooms or the play area .

However i would like to hear from any parent , who has thier kid studying there. So in case you have your kid studing there pls respond to this thread. Please let us know your thoughts on the school. We are planning to put my daughter thr for pre-kg for this vijayadashmi. Your feedback will help us a lot in taking a decision

2. psakthi

psakthi New IL'ite

Hi Dhivya,

My son is studing PP-2 (Pre-primary 2) in Horizon International Academy. We feel the school is very good and you can put daughter over there without any worries. School environment, play ground, play area and attention they give to each children is very good.

Let me know if you need more details.

3. stdhivya

stdhivya New IL'ite

Thanks psakthi for your reply,:thankyou2:

Is your son studying there from pre-kg ? I was told that when the child finishes LKG he/she will be able to read a small english book on thier own without any help. Is this true? what are the changes you noticed in your child after joining Horizon

Once again thanks a lot for your response. Looking forward to your reply

4. psakthi

psakthi New IL'ite

Hi dhivya,
    Its true that your kid will start reading books and converse in english once he completes UKG as their way of teaching is reading first and then writing so it happens naturally. Even my son explores things on his own than depending on us for finishing his homework. Its my dream to learn in a school like HORIZON which I fulfill for my son. His vocabulary has improved a lot.

5. stdhivya

stdhivya New IL'ite

Hi Sakthi,

Thanks a lot for your reply. We have finished the admission formalities for my daughter yesterday for pre-kg in Horizon. She'll be joining them for vijayadashmi.

We loved the school and thats y we have decided to put her there.Your comments were also very helpful. Thank you once again

6. devapriyaa

devapriyaa New IL'ite

Hi Sakthi and Dhivya,

My son is 2y and 6months old. I am planning to put him in Pre KG next year. Could you please provide me more details about the fee structure.

Thanks and Regards,
    devapriya

7. stdhivya

stdhivya New IL'ite

Hi Devapriya,

I think your son is eligible for pre-kg this year , i.e you can put him in pre-kg for this vijayadashmi. My daughter is also the same age , when i enquired the school they told me that next year she should be in LKG. Please check with the school as soon as possible. Regarding the fee structure , i am giving you the approx amt below .

Admission Fees : 15000 (one time)
    Term Fees : 6000 per term ( 4 terms)
    Books : 1500 for pre-kg
    Facilities : 10000

It comes up to 35000 roughly, excluding the term fees in Dec and March. Hope this helps

Thanks
    Dhivya

8. srirekham

srirekham Bronze IL'ite

Hello All:

Sounds a good school.. can you please tell me till which class they have and how many years it has been since this school started? and do they have a playground ?

Cheers,

9. stdhivya

stdhivya New IL'ite

Hi srirekha,

They have been into pre-kg and primary school for the past 2 years on different name(Budding Minds) and now thy have moved out into a little bigger school offering till grade III this year. They move up by one grade each year. This is their website Welcome to Horizon International Academy . You can visit thier website for more details . They have do have a small playground as of now. They have a plot nearby which they have taken for lease and they are on the lookout for land in madambakkam area so that they can extend there as they grow up.

My daughter is joining them for pre-kg this vijayadasmi

Regards
    Dhivya

10. devapriyaa

devapriyaa New IL'ite

Dear Dhivya,

Many Thanks for your reply.

Regards,
    Devapriya