Honeymoon Trip to Dubai

Discussion in 'Places & Events in Dubai' started by Nandshyam, Jan 30, 2010.

1. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

......Hehehe not for me, atleast not now ;)

Hello UAE Friends :)

Here I am with a big favor from you all... My BIL is getting married soon and he's thinking Dubai to be his HM city. Also my in-laws are OK sending them to such a far place, as one of our relatives are in Al-Ain(I guess I spelled it right).

So he is planning on staying in a hotel in Dubai for 4 days and then visiting our relative for 2 and then returning back. The relative has suggested Savoy Apartment Hotel for staying, as you can cook it seems and it's quite hard to find vegetarian food there.

They have suggested that, during their stay in Dubai, they can discover the place with NO GUIDE and it will be fun. Not sure if its right, you guys enlighten me here.. is it safe to do that?

Many places they suggested are: Burj, Khalifa, Dubai Mall, Burj Al Arab (Entrance fees will be around 200dhs to visit the 7 * hotel) and mainly most of the malls and of course,
    desert safari.

I need your help with these questions

(1) How much would it cost in Indian Rupees for a 4 night stay in dubai in this hotel, let's say?
    (2) How much would be the rough expenses in Indian Rupees to see all the places (Including travel expenses - cab etc, outside food, entrance fees etc)
    (3) April first week is the timeframe they are planning, is that the right time?
    (4) Anything else to see there?
    (5) Safety for an young couple? I am worried since they are very young 24 (both guy and girl - yeah love marriage thaan hehehe).
    (6) Visa procedure?

Thanks a bunch guys !!!

2. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Nandhu,
    I am glad that your BIL is choosing a dersrt like UAE for his honeymoon trip. As is my normal practice (like a Tourist guide),I have attached a list of places of tourist interst in UAE.
    There are many many Hotel Aprtments in Dubai. I will check and let you know the rates soon. April is a good time to visit. Your BIL can approach Emirates Airlines, so he can get the visa and ticket. If the relative in Al aim can get him a visa, it will be a better option.
    There are PLENTY of Veg hotels in Dubai & the prices are very affordable.I believe it is not fair for a newly married (Honeymoon couple:bonk) to be wasting time cooking their meals.
    For Burj Khalifa, if w make booking in advance, the fare is about AED 125/- per person. But for spot booking (they call it VIP entrance) the charge is AED 400/- per person!! So I suggest your BIL should make an advance booking by March for the April visit.

UAE is a very safe place, no worries at all. The rough estimate for the visit (Excluding Ticket, Hotel stay, shopping & Burj-Al-Arab Dine-in) will be about AED 2,500 (approx IRS 30,000).

Please let me know if you need any furhter clarifications.

Regards
    USHA

Attached Files:

3. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Usha :) Cho chweet of you...

Kandeepa will bug you if any questions :) also will keep you posted on where they decide finally :)

thanks much again !!

4. Ushakrishnan64

Ushakrishnan64 Silver IL'ite

Dear Nandhu,
    Thanks for the mail. Please feel free to ask as many questions as you want, I will be happy to answer to the best of my knowledge.

Regards
    USHA

5. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

6. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Forgot to mention ,the RTA card to be used in bus/metro can be purchased in Carrefour or bus stations.