honeymoon revisited in leh/ ladakh

Discussion in 'Northern and Central Indian States' started by shraddha2704, Aug 20, 2012.

1. shraddha2704

shraddha2704 Bronze IL'ite

i have been longing to visit leh- ladakh for a long time and since my HD has finally consented for a holiday in the next few months, i request u to post any fond memories u have with the pleace, any must visit sites, and tips while travelling,

2. Aparna77

Aparna77 Senior IL'ite

Leh-ladakh is indeed a picturesque locale. It is a land of freezing winds and a cold desert. My friend has recently returned from a trip to the area. His photos show rugged mountains and crystal clear streams. City bred tourists cant even imagine such wide expanses of space... rugged mountain landscape and there is just you and the wind.

Locals told him that the main source of water is the winter snowfall. After the harsh winter temperatures of upto-27 degrees, the residents pray for a few days of bright sunshine so that the snow melts!!

There are many threads onLeh-ladakh on IL.I am giving one such thread:http://www.indusladies.com/forums/n...n-states/56398-leh-ladakh-ph-yang-tsedup.html

Best wishes for your trip.